Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mece View Post
If I could make some suggestions:
2. The menu on the left to slide in, creating more space on the screen.
2. But how would you get it back?
In a similar way to getting the recent history in MicroB, a swipe from the edge of the screen?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2011-05-27 at 15:23.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
The buttons on the left actually looks better without the gradient design.

It would be better if the refrash rate option is in minutes.

Thanks!

A full-screen option would be nice as there doesn't seem to be any app menu from the title bar.

What unit is the refresh rate unit in?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
What unit is the refresh rate unit in?
Seconds

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
2. The menu on the left to slide in, creating more space on the screen.
Originally Posted by Mece View Post
2. But how would you get it back?
Ah, there is another excellent twitter application available for my Nokia N900 that has this idea in place already. Perhaps it's a coding thing.

Now you see it (see the bar at the bottom overlays the screen).

Now you don't...but see the little arrow up (in red), pressing that brings it back.

Credit to Tommi Laukkanen for the above.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
best twitter app ever!
can we tweet with geolocalization?

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
The buttons on the left actually looks better without the gradient design.

It would be better if the refrash rate option is in minutes.

Thanks!
Perhaps. I get kinda blind and nothing looks good after a while when I do the graphics bits.

No refresh is in seconds. You have to be able to actively follow stuff when it's happening if you want. Twitter is all about seconds

Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
best twitter app ever!
can we tweet with geolocalization?
We could, but I have to see if I want to do it.
If we get qtm1.2 to extras I could show people's location on maps and whatnot. Would be cool. But anyway, we'll see. I can't promise anything right now.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2011-05-27 at 18:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
fantastic app, well done!

p.s. parempi kuin Granlundin ilmaveivi.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Right, I've had a bit of a play now and tweeted with it a bit (@atomicjoy), so a few UI observations from a spirit of trying to help further improve an cracking little app:

The full screen option is more important than I thought; a few times i've accidentally shut the app instead of closing or refreshing the furthest right column. i'm not sure if this is a clumsiness thing, missing the little target with my fat fingers, or a cognative thing, where attention is stolen by the realtively big cross over the small one i actually want. Possibly a combination of the 2.

When switching between the tweet and add column tabs, input focus does not switch. That is to say, if you're typing a tweet, then decide to do a search before you finish it and tap the + button, the tweet entry box disappears and the search entry box appears as expected; however, if you then start typing it continues to be entered in the tweet box. I would imagine that pressing enter would cause a spurious tweet; certainly if you try it the other way round you will get a new column.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
A couple more thoughts:

i think the accidental closing thing is cognative to a highish degree as I've done it with the stylus now; could just be me being a biff, but imagine it may not be uncommon.

When moving columns it would be nice if the screen followed the column; if you want to move a new column to be the first or second displayed you have to tap, tap and swipe, tape and swipe for as many times as you have columns.

I second MyNokiaN900's request to be able to edit the column settings, such as alert and refresh frequency. As it stands you have to create a new column with the new settings to replace the existing one, which brings the previous issue to attention.

Can the default title for a column of an individuals tweets be titled @name to distinguish it from a column of search results for name?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
devel, qtqml, tweedsuit, twitter