Active Topics

Notices

Hi
I am using Nokia n900 and its been an year, till now haven't faced any issues but since months my phone is responding very slow if i dont restart my phone for 3 to 4days it slows down it takes sometime to respond if i tap the screen to check message,missed calls or email and after i restart the phone it works again properly.

Need suggestions for this problem

Last edited by kiran0807; 2011-12-05 at 07:59.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Ive been having this problem since i got my N900, and afaik there is no real solution. it is caused by hildon-desktop, and simply killing hildon-desktop once in a while helps a lot...

There was somekind of scripts that when run once a day, improved the overall performace and phone responded better. If I remember correctly, it restarted hildon-desktop and some other components. That seemed to help, as XiliX pointed out. Have not used them myself though.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Have you tried Swappolube? My N900 used to slow down a bit after a week and more so after 10 days or so. But installing Swappolube and using the suggested settings has improved things for me quite a bit. It's generally snappier and more resistant to slowdown over time.

But still a good idea to restart hildon-desktop or reboot every now and again to clear the slate.