Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Wonder if web-switchboard or browser-switchboard is better?
Not sure. To clarify, I said "Web" b/c the bookmarks side panel is called "Web" in the Control Panel and I was trying to key off existing interface cues. However, Nokia also uses "Web" for launching MicroB... does that argue against my thinking? I asume the script will not affect that menu option.

Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
Two more patches, which I'm not so sure about. These are to support a script replacing /usr/bin/browser.
I can't go deep enough to be helpful on the technical questions. My question is, is this functionality core to the script or a nicety? If the latter, one option would be to defer it or make it optional.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Bundyo, I find I never use Dashboard and I would like to be able to get to my homepage from the first click on the bottom right (the click that makes Dashboard immediately accessible). Currently, I have to click that bottom right spot, then click on Bookmarks to get to a listing that includes my homepage. Can my homepage, or any bookmark, be put in that first group that pops up, either instead of Dashboard or in addition to it?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Well, if you open tear using personal menu you could always set the command to "tear www.website.com" I do this to have my goole voice inbox displayed. I too like you never use the dashboard.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Actually, you can set a non-Dashboard homepage from within Tear. Using the menu, go to Tools >> Options. This has the advantage that when you click the + next to the address bar, it pops up a new window that's using your homepage.

Nonetheless, sometimes I'm on a webpage and would like to go to my homepage (which is Google Bookmarks) in that same window (rather than bother with closing that window after opening a new one) and it would be quicker if I could get to the bookmark for my homepage with one less click.

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-12-06 at 17:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Same here. I used to be able to do that when Tear's menu had the bookmarks directly in it, and I think I posted a remark at the time when the new menu with the Bookmarks sub-menu appeared. I tend to avoid having several windows open, because of freezes.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Regarding bookmarks, an interface change Id love to see is to have the menu that pops up in the bottom right that you then have to click again for bookmarks be bookmarks only when clicked and all those other menu options be moved to the top menu.

Should these ideas for bookmark-related enhancements be written up here?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It would be good.

sorry if this has been asked before, i did a search and found nothing, but how on earth do you exit fullscreen mode of tear on Meamo5? uninstalling and reinstalling from the repository still retains all my old settings, including start up in fullscreen

any help would be much appreciated.

tia

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit