Notices

Originally Posted by wanderr View Post
Oy, that stinks. Have they announced an ETA on getting Flash 10 to the N900? I will check to see if we are using any features that would require Flash 10.
A port exists which has been submitted to Nokia by Adobe. So I would say probably with PR 1.2 when that is releaaed

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Any news about Grooveshark application for our beloved N900

there is app groove in test/dev repos. It's not fully functional yet, but is usable for playing a few tracks & the interface is finger friendly.IIRC, you can however run grooveshark directly from the web in microB (with tweakflashplayer) - it takes ages to load from the initial screen(>30 sec) but thereafter the interface comes up OK?

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
there is app groove in test/dev repos. It's not fully functional yet, but is usable for playing a few tracks & the interface is finger friendly.IIRC, you can however run grooveshark directly from the web in microB (with tweakflashplayer) - it takes ages to load from the initial screen(>30 sec) but thereafter the interface comes up OK?
Thanks a lot. I have tried the application form extra-devel.
It doesnt work nicely. However it could be improved and can be a great application.

I will try the tweakflashplayer.

grooveshark is now using a pure HTML5 interface on their new beta site (preview.grooveshark.com) ... it only accepts Chrome for now tho, but I wonder how well it'll work in microB.

i just visited grooveshark & got offered the new interface (it told me I appeared to be using an old browser, but it offered me the option to revert to old version or continue with the new interface). good news is that it loads way quicker than old site and works pretty well with microB (screen layout not ideal but certainly usable)

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wanderr View Post
We currently have a couple of mobile phones running flash 10.1 that we're testing with. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get our hands on an N900 yet, but we hope to have one soon. If/when we do I'll report here on how it's working out.
If it's not too much trouble, do try it out with N800 or N810 as well... it's an old device, but the big screen, wifi and cheap price would make it a great standalone grooveshark client for a stereo system.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
The Grooveshark app worked way much better
Too bad it doesn't work anymore for me

Very interesting. Unfortunately no-one on the N900 seems to have cracked what makes Spotify actually worth paying for (offline sync of high-bitrate files), So I guess something like grooveshark would be better for people who continue to struggle to make the N900 work for media.

Any news of a standalone client (with offline sync?)

Last edited by punto; 2010-12-27 at 15:53.

Originally Posted by punto View Post
Very interesting. Unfortunately no-one on the N900 seems to have cracked what makes Spotify actually worth paying for (offline sync of high-bitrate files), So I guess something like grooveshark would be better for people who continue to struggle to make the N900 work for media.

Any news of a standalone client (with offline sync?)
This is the big thing. Offline support is what's worth paying. No adds is a tiny issue on the side. I like grooveshark as it has much better catalogue than spotify but without offline support it's still no go. I travel a lot and paying data roaming costs in order to stream music is bordering on imbecilic.

Tags
grooveshark, spotify