Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
The same about Sailfish OS. There are also IDE if you want to code.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
btw is the screen itself glued to the sensor glass (just like modern fashion) or there's a hope it's two standalone parts?
You mean the glass and the digitizer with the LCD? I think that's all glued together. It's pretty standard with capacitive touchscreens

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-03-12 at 17:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
btw is the screen itself glued to the sensor glass (just like modern fashion) or there's a hope it's two standalone parts?
But They did mention specifically that the screen and back cover should be easy to replace with a simple small driver.

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Will there be a proper Notes app like on the N900?
Funny I didn't use the built in note app on the n900 so much. It lack some feature and did seem as touch friendly. I use Conboy which I sync with owncloud. But there are many note taking apps out there, just need to find one that fits you needs.

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
I've never gotten an app I needed to run successfully in Anbox (tested on a few various Linuxes), but maybe it will work properly on a phone? (Use cases are venmo and slack, neither of which work in a mobile browser).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Didn't see these on the first page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumQiqkxqDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl00Hs169ws
x
Thanks for posting!
Chen did a really great job in the first videos interview imho. Stand-up product presentation is a hard thing to do without sounding like a vacuum cleaner agent. Especially since english is not his first language. It is on thing to have an interviewer ask specific questions and have a casual conversation. But a whole other ball game to politely wrap up a product without missing a thing and still give the impression you are really doing what you love. Standing ovation from my side.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Decided to preorder one yesterday, Order: 8621

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by xman View Post
But They did mention specifically that the screen and back cover should be easy to replace with a simple small driver.
I was talking about the OLED and the touchpanel itself, not about the screen attached to the body like other phones do.

there's a lot of capacitive screens where the touch panel and the screen itself are discrete parts.

glueing them togtether is done for marketing purposes only (when you break the glass and screen is intact, trying to unglue the glass breaks the screen too).
Can you name some phones who do this? I haven't seen them, apart from the old iPads. I've worked at a phone repair shop, and believe me, they were a pain to get them clean! Once opened, it never is as good as before, while the screens glued to the digitizers had never problems. This is why they are not separate anymore.
But, lets see how this phone will be structured, I might be wrong.

Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Decided to preorder one yesterday, Order: 8621
Just now?.... Shame on you!

hehehe welcome to the club!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
not phones but tablets. for example, Acer A211 had both versions of glued and separate screen and glass.
There is your answer; The Pro1 is a phone, not a tablet

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Fused ones do look better, and are easier to package and assemble so its easy to understand why manufacturers would prefer them

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can you name some phones who do this? I haven't seen them, apart from the old iPads. I've worked at a phone repair shop, and believe me, they were a pain to get them clean! Once opened, it never is as good as before, while the screens glued to the digitizers had never problems. This is why they are not separate anymore.
But, lets see how this phone will be structured, I might be wrong.
My Nexus 5 does this; as I discovered when I attempted to purchase a replacement screen, but inadvertently got only a digitizer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit