Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Krakow, POLAND
[UPDATE] 1.2.6-1 (plugin crashing fixed) is already available on extras-devel. Enjoy. maacruz

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...0&postcount=38
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
I have built the latest 1.2.6 telegram plugin (quite a bit of work, actually). It seems to work, but needs testing. The crash should be gone. Stickers should work too.
Please, install both deb packages and report back, if it works I'll upload it to extras-devel.
After some tiny tweaking I have successfully build the telegram-purple https://github.com/majn/telegram-purple for Nokia N900.

Telegram-purple is a Libpurple plugin that adds support for the Telegram messenger. Its still in an early (pre-alpha) development stage, but already provides basic chat functionality and group chats.

The plugin is based on the library Libtgl, which was written by Vitaly Valtman mail@vysheng.ru and others, see (http://github.com/vysheng/tgl)
You can install the package from extras-devel repository using Application Manager or:

Code:
apt-get install purple-protocol-telegram

Works for me (it even displays incoming photos). May (or may not) crash a lot. Try it.

Last edited by totalizator; 2016-06-02 at 11:21.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to totalizator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Oops mainstream apps !
nice job done though i dont use it :;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Jeeeej !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Hey this is cool. It works just fine.
BTW somebody tried to send me a sticker and a stickers bot appeared in the contact list...why?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
What about emojis? We can unpack these on ~/.purple/smileys or it will waste rootfs space?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Is it possible to use it through telepathy-haze in Maemo Conversations or should I have Pidgin installed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
Hey this is cool. It works just fine.
BTW somebody tried to send me a sticker and a stickers bot appeared in the contact list...why?
Seems that it has to be like this. It's a plugin not a standalone app.

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
What about emojis? We can unpack these on ~/.purple/smileys or it will waste rootfs space?
They should work just fine. I'll make a deb later maybe. For now, put them in /opt and symlink to ~/.purple/smileys.

Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Is it possible to use it through telepathy-haze in Maemo Conversations or should I have Pidgin installed?
You should ask telepathy-haze maintainers. I have tried but it asks for password and there is no password authentication in Telegram.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to totalizator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by totalizator View Post
Seems that it has to be like this. It's a plugin not a standalone app.

They should work just fine. I'll make a deb later maybe. For now, put them in /opt and symlink to ~/.purple/smileys.

You should ask telepathy-haze maintainers. I have tried but it asks for password and there is no password authentication in Telegram.
humm it be uber cool to have it in conversation app :;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Netherlands
I understand that in the SMS verification process a popup should appear, asking for the verification code in order to use Telegram. However, I am not seeing any pop-up window and I have no idea what is causing this. I also wonder if any other users experience this problem. My N900 can otherwise receive SMS normally and all carrier setting check out ok.

Using Pidgin 2.10.11 running on SSU enabled Maemo 5 v21.2011.38 purple-protocol-telegram version 0.7-1

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Hawox View Post
I understand that in the SMS verification process a popup should appear, asking for the verification code in order to use Telegram. However, I am not seeing any pop-up window and I have no idea what is causing this. I also wonder if any other users experience this problem. My N900 can otherwise receive SMS normally and all carrier setting check out ok.

Using Pidgin 2.10.11 running on SSU enabled Maemo 5 v21.2011.38 purple-protocol-telegram version 0.7-1

Thanks in advance.
Huh. Seems like it's broken. I'll try to build latest Git version and I'll let you know if it's working.

Tags
pidgin, telegram