Strange. I had a problem with random reboots (3-4 + reboots per day with KP up to v48). Now with KPv49 uptime 15 hours and there was no reboot. Stable.

Last edited by flashgc; 2011-09-23 at 05:45.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
Been testing this for the past 12 hrs or so...No issues reported in KP48 seem to manifest themselves here and its pretty stable as of now...

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Australia
ive had no reebots since i installed kp49,

however, when i did the steps for compcache by don_falcone, it kept saying that im out of memory.

cat /proc/swaps shows that ramzswap0 is in use.

KP49 is pretty stable for 16h in normal use now. Great work.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Were the commands copy-pasted? In that case the swapon command might have came too soon after loading ramzswap. That's the reason you need to use "sleep 1" when enabling ramzswap on a script.
Or, if it already was inserted/enabled.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i hope it arrives soon in repos with stable compcache,probably apt-get update/upgrade will help .

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by werks View Post
ive had no reebots since i installed kp49,

however, when i did the steps for compcache by don_falcone, it kept saying that im out of memory.

cat /proc/swaps shows that ramzswap0 is in use.
This can happen if you switch off swap on swap partition, and ramzswap0 device has not enough memory to receive the contents of said swap partition / the already paged to swap memory contents. Try to close applications before.

Originally Posted by dignified View Post
pls help me about this
As i told you, you obviously know jack sh*t about the basics of the system and there fore if we would go through this "step by step" (man i hate this expression, the same as "tutorial"!) we would bulge under the sh*tload of help requests that would come from you afterwards. No, no chance, at least not from me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
lol..hahahahaha. at least i am far away from that stage
Yeah, "far away" but still in the wrong direction. Sheesh.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
EDIT 2: too early... after another reboot, modprobe with disksize_kb parameter supplied results ALWAYS in instant reboot. I've seen this behavior with colin.stephane's kp48 builds too. Some ideas where to check? I've sysklogd installed.

So, it works the first reboot after kernel flashing, but never after that. Every time a spontaneous reboot during which the custom kernel settings are not loaded.

EDIT 3: Confirmed. Compcache works only if:
- i freshly dpkg'd -i kernel, modules, and flasher (in that sequence, kernel-settings were retained from kp47)
AND
- performed a reboot.
And only then it works after this first reboot. From each consecutive reboot onwards. i observe the instant reboots after ramzswap0 initializing with disksize_kb. If i solely insert the module, no reboot occurs, but of course i cannot initialize it separately.
Question: how is the initializing handled in compcache version integrated into kernel-power?

As i seem to have quoted issue stemming from the device init, i looked around & found that bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ls/+bug/600782

Quotes:
ramzswap's interface has changed and now requires an 'rzscontrol' tool to initialise devices. I don't believe that's packaged right now. However:

* It's changed yet again upstream, is now called 'zram', and its disk size is controlled by writing to files in sysfs.
* rzscontrol is a trivial ioctl caller.
* compcache's licence is compatible with that of initramfs-tools.
This bug was fixed in the package initramfs-tools - 0.98ubuntu2

---------------
initramfs-tools (0.98ubuntu2) maverick; urgency=low

* The ramzswap device changed its interface so that the disk size needs to
be given using an ioctl rather than as a module parameter. Incorporate
the rzscontrol tool from the compcache project
(http://code.google.com/p/compcache/) so that we can control current
ramzswap devices (LP: #600782). This is a strictly temporary measure,
as recent versions of compcache change the interface (and module name)
again to involve writing to sysfs files, which won't require any special
tools.
- which version of compcache was included into kp?

Btw: i cannot retrieve anything relevant from the syslog other than (standard logging configuration after install of sysklogd):

- exiting on signal 15 (==SIGTERM, but only happened once)
- DSME: BOOTSTATE: "USER"

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-09-23 at 09:11.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou