Closed Thread
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
HTC? Sure? .
HTC will hit a brick wall in Q3 and then it is free falling. HTC pioneered WM and Android, as well as WP. Within a year they will be gone. A bit sad, I have had a couple of HTCs.

I can't honestly say that I've got any sort of curiousity for any new Lumia branded products. At all. They are, in my book, completely irrelevant products.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by volt View Post
I can't honestly say that I've got any sort of curiousity for any new Lumia branded products. At all. They are, in my book, completely irrelevant products.
I'm looking for a LUMIA PAD. But surface pro is the top of the line. Lumia phone. Sure, If my employer pay for it. Why not?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The email client on LUMIAs is the best. Beats iphone and other platforms. Lumias will be corporate soon.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Nokias problem is size. It's too large to sustain selling S40 and S30 devices even though sales are shifting dramatically toward the more expensive S40 devices. It needs to shrink more. Accelerated growth of WP would help of course, but that is not a solution Nokia can live with, it needs to become profitable in it's main business of S30 and S40.
S40 may well be NOKIA's 'main business' now but, lest we forget...
"Elop's Microsoft announcement has effectively bankrupted the Nokia Symbian smartphone unit which made 20% of Nokia phones, generated 30% of Nokia revenues and produced a whopping 40% of Nokia profits when he took over. He killed his cash cow. Voluntarily."
... T. Ahonen

Meltemi proved to be a dead end road, the team couldn't deliver something that was more competitive than S40.
Where's your evidence for that? It seems much more likely Elop's Lord and Master told him he wasn't allowed to play with anything Linux.

S40 gives more bang for the buck than anything out there, and it is selling by the billions, literally, but it is no solution for high end, and it is no solution for Europe or NA. Here the competition is iOS and Android.
The Ashas are more interesting than the Lumias. The Asha 303 looks like it should be a slider, if it was I'd quite like one.

Not only high end, but that is where the profit margins are.
Since dropping Symbian for WP7 NOKIA's gross margin for smartphones has reduced significantly.

Samsung looks unbeatable, but Samsung is no innovator.
Yeah, right...

Lots of people will dislike it, simply because it doesn't fit their blocky, conservative skulls.

WP is somewhat similar. WP7 has limitations, but I tell you, my Lumia is much more fun with new stuff coming all the time than the stale N9.
Say what? What could be more 'blocky' and 'conservative' than WP7? Live Tiles are the blockiest, dullest Plasmoids I've ever seen!

Samsung looks unbeatable, but Samsung is no innovator.
Its a shame that people never understand where truly valuable innovation comes from.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Its a shame that people never understand where truly valuable innovation comes from.
And where would that be?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
you mean Microsoft?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Enlighten us please

Well, I shouldn't make any generalizations but at the moment, Samsung is the company that brings new product to the market that people buy. LG may be earlier with some features but people don't buy it. And South Korea as a whole is much less playing catch-up than five years ago, three years ago.

Also, even China is starting to innovate. They're well aware that they've been a follower for all these years, and are trying to change their engineers straight out of the educational system. If they can manage to drop the idea of only copying the best, the rest of the world is in trouble.

There's no telling who is innovating at any given time, all products we see now are the results of a mainstreaming process that takes years to reach the market.

Last edited by volt; 2012-08-08 at 06:08. Reason: "Korea as a whole" will still be playing catch up for quite some time, so let me rephrase as "South Korea as a whole".

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen