Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I used Maps for the first time yesterday and was a bit disappointed. Firstly it just shut itself down and removed itself from the open apps view a couple of times, then when I got it back open (after a phone restart) the 'Favorites' page seems unresponsive, and I can't add any favorites.

Anyone else noticed anything glitchy about Maps on their N9?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
We talking just Maps, or Drive too?
Drive was pretty glitchy, although i think this was before PR1.1
People were having this issue, and here was a fix:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=35241#post35241
If you're still on PR1.0, that could be your prob.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Yeah I found maps to be a bit average at best on the N9.. I'm curious if Nokia will ever give us an update for maps... This is exactly why I leave my N9 at home when I travel and take my iPhone.. It has Tom Tom which is just simply more reliable right now than Nokia Maps/Drive on the N9

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
We talking just Maps, or Drive too?
Drive was pretty glitchy, although i think this was before PR1.1
People were having this issue, and here was a fix:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=35241#post35241
If you're still on PR1.0, that could be your prob.
I'm on Pr1.1, and it was in Maps, not Drive. I tried Drive out and it worked great.

Just tried Maps again, same thing. The problem is when I set a walking destination and go to 'Navigate' it just doesn't do anything, freezes not letting me do anything, then goes back to the map screen. I'm outside, with great 3G and no reason why GPS wouldn't work.
Maps on my E7 was wonderful, glad I didn't sell it...yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Oh sorry.. My issues are with Drive.. It'll be find for 10 mins or so, then, it starts jumping all over the map and I end up getting lost.. Shows me going one way, the, does a 180 and shows me drive the wrong way down a freeway etc..

The Following User Says Thank You to slashd0t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
No issues with either application at my end. Actually, I appreciate the simplicity of Nokia Maps. They works just okay for simple nav/orientation in a city. In such a case less thrills/higher simplicity - the better. I live in a big European city though, so the maps are accurate and up to date. No idea about less 'popular' areas or the States.

Same applies to Nokia Drive. Info is accurate in my city, GPS connection never drops and the application ends up being quite accurate.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-12 at 18:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Tried to use Nokia drive yesterday for the first time. Nokia maps showed me the route. I hit navigate and Nokia drive told me the destination was unreachable by car! I know it was wrong because i actually knew the route personally.