Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Relevant news to this thread: supported frequencies of the Jolla phone have been officially published in jolla.com
does it mean australian telstar 3g work?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Don't know, you should find the frequencies they support from somewhere, maybe google it?

I think they may release a quad-band 3g version later (850/900/1900/2100) for use in the rest of the world. The current phone seems tailored for Europe ONLY

I miss these things from Nokia (pentaband wcdma in N8/N9), they knew how to make world phones.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
. The current phone seems tailored for Europe ONLY
Nope.

The 3G bands support all networks in Europe and Africa, almost all GSM networks in Asia and Oceania, plus some of the networks in latin America.

Only north America is really totally excluded. Canadian networks seem to use partially european standard bands on LTE, so at least hope for canadians, if Jolla ever gets the advertised LTE support working.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
900/2100 WCDMA only? I don't mean to rag on them because they likely had to cut costs somewhere and I'd assume it's not easy to procure higher-end radios without being a major distributor, but as an american that is so 2007

It's boggling why they chose to not give out this information on their website until yesterday.

Last edited by eviloar; 2013-12-29 at 07:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eviloar For This Useful Post:
This information was available for a quite some time already, but not on the site though.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Nothing has changed since my previous answer on 8th Dec. There's no support for Telstra's 850 MHz 3G so coverage would be limited, also for calls & SMS because on many areas there's no 2G. Of course in cities and some towns even on Telstra there would be 2G, possibly still 2100 MHz 3G and in the future LTE support.

EDIT: Telstra has officially shut down the 2100 MHz 3G network it shared with another operator, however it may also have its own 3G sites that could still be active. There are reports even from 2013 that 2100 MHz 3G still works in some places. Whatever the case, coverage would be limited at best.

Last edited by hana; 2013-12-31 at 18:57.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
btw, it's Telstra !

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Nope.

The 3G bands support all networks in Europe and Africa, almost all GSM networks in Asia and Oceania, plus some of the networks in latin America.

Only north America is really totally excluded. Canadian networks seem to use partially european standard bands on LTE, so at least hope for canadians, if Jolla ever gets the advertised LTE support working.
Yea, my bad, I forgot that Asia and EU have similar bands for 2G and 3G. This means only North America is excluded at this point. Not that it will hurt Jolla, as there is a wider market out there outside North America, but its a sad thing for us in the USA.

I added a request for official support to TJC, please vote: https://together.jolla.com/question/...north-america/

There is also a request to support frequencies at least: https://together.jolla.com/question/...g-frequencies/

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post: