Also, I like the N95 because its so small and I wear trim cut European style pants.

E71 is big. E90 is big.

No other phone has the browser, the camera, the video recorder, the Word/Excel capability, the PDA, small size, etc., capabilities

btw, using Word in page layout mode zoomed in is really awesome on this thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonybuchanan For This Useful Post:
Its really a lifestyle choice.

Its like I like Vanilla you like Chocolate stuff.

johnx, do you use a stowawy keyboard ?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
The N800 isn't perfect of course, but I think that the little problems I have with it bother me so much because it is *so close* to being exactly the machine I need/want. This is starting to sound like an ad, so I think I'll quit now. :P
Actually, this is the sort of stuff Nokia should be scouring around for and asking us to help promote their products. There are barely any ads for the Nokia tablets out there. Word of mouth is fine and all.. but Nokia should be trying to get more of us to want to blog more about how we LIKE their products--and listening to us when we complain.

I would like to say that they've done a modestly decent job of that so far but I've become a bit jaded after having problems with obtaining parts for repairs and with their blatantly ridiculous statements to customers in the open-source crowd (their main crowd with the Tablets) about needing to embrace closed-source and closed-architecture... worse still, claiming OGG to be encumbered with patent issues. I feel that Nokia doesn't seem to 'get it' and it doesn't feel as if they're actually listening to us--just doing enough to get us to buy tablets.. but just barely. As I'd said earlier--any of us could be that guy that found something else that was even more suitable and jump ship. I, for one, am really excited about this new OpenPandora portable! I REALLY love the form factor and features... even a video out, for crying out loud! LOVE! http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora in case you want to check it out. It's not out yet--so I can't buy one.. but if it were out right now, I'd easily use that instead of my N800, from what I've read. Has Nokia been watching the 'What do you want to realistically see in the N900?' thread? Hint, hint.

Getting back to the main point about sounding like an ad--if Nokia had a community representative to reach out to the open source crowd and did just that little tiny bit more.. they could very easily become the new Asus eee in sales and popularity. Just listen more to the community--good and bad, promote your product as the result of what people have been asking for--fill that niche, and then fix your support and supply problems--make replacement parts available and produce more units when you see demand uptick.

That all said--I do LOOOOVE my N800! I just gave me old one to my sister in AZ, several coworkers and friends have bought one because they see that I've had positive experiences with it and I know any more who want one--there just aren't enough out there to sell to them. By contrast, the N810 isn't what they wanted.

OK.. there we go.. let's see what you all say.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Also, I like the N95 because its so small and I wear trim cut European style pants.
See, there's your problem. You need to go "Geek Chic" and make sure you've got big enough pockets for your gadgets

Now that I think about it, I'm glad the tablets didn't come out in the 80s, since pants were way too tight for them.

laugh out loud.

Tried to just post "lol" however it was too short and would not post.

Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Well, I guess now I understand why everyone says the N800 is not pocket-sized.

If y'all'd stop wearing them there european britches, ya wouldn't have to whine so much!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
I still just want my n810 to also be a phone!

Waaahh! Whine!

I *know* that the newest software-configurable hardware DSP chipsets can do 802.11a/b/g/n and also do the cell phone stuff. Apple and Samsung have these in the iPhone and the Instinct.

Please Please Nokia - make the N9xx a phone! My pants are falling off from all the holstered stuff! I weary of having to bluetooth pair with my n810 when I can't find WiFi.

Gnash complain rant!

$teve

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by stevecrye View Post
My pants are falling off from all the holstered stuff!
This is an opportunity for you. Design, patent, manufacture, sell, and wear gadget bandoliers. With luck, you might sign Chewbacca as a spokes-, err, wookie.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
This is an opportunity for you. Design, patent, manufacture, sell, and wear gadget bandoliers. With luck, you might sign Chewbacca as a spokes-, err, wookie.
Can't patent! I got prior art.

Tags
troll