Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
So long as my N9 is still working, they can prise it from my cold, dead hands.

Don't suppose anyone has any Lumia sales figures? Haha.
LOL

For what's it's worth, I didnt get any calls or email or anything at all about my "Made in China" 64GB N9. It's working fine, nooo way, I'll let them do any recall business

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:
I still have faulty 64gb model and I'm waiting for Nokia response. After Nokia Care failed with my n9 repair (they just flashed it...) I've emailed Nokia central, here in Poland. Got only automatic response telling me I will get proper response in two weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to tjsgls For This Useful Post:
geez... they even offered a magazine subscription of my choice for six months as compensation for this inconvenience. I just hope that the replacement is not a dud. at least I can now freely stress test my phone >

The Following User Says Thank You to retsam For This Useful Post:
The demand for Meego N9s was so high they installed it on all the phones coming off the Lumia line and now there is nothing left for the Lumia release. After you send back, you will get an email, "Your handset is now obsolete and will be replaced with a WP7 Lumia. Have a nice day."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixracer For This Useful Post:
@retsam: you should ask them why the recall and what they are doing to the devices or are they replacing you with a new one.

although if they were replacing, they would tell you to backup your data to restore it in your new device. so i can guarantee you that it's only a part, like the battery, a sensor, maybe the chip.

The Following User Says Thank You to dolphins For This Useful Post:
No call here yet. Bought mine from the Nokia flagstore in Helsinki... No way they are going to get mine, unless they plan to add keyboard in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Id give them mine with the promise that this inconvenience would yield me a lumia800 in addition to my n9 back unharmed.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
This story seems so weird, are you sure you have been called by Nokia and not someone who wants to steal your N9?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
They are sending a new one in mail with a pre paid delivery box for me to send this current device back. So basically I could have both of the devices at the same time on my hands. They also encouraged to make backups very often. But still, this one hasn't even crashed at all, so I'm not sure if the recall is really needed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retsam For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
This story seems so weird, are you sure you have been called by Nokia and not someone who wants to steal your N9?
No way to be 100% sure but I will inspect the replacement before sending this one back. Just in case the box contains rocks. Also the senders address should be visible. Who knows?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsam For This Useful Post: