Active Topics

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
As the topic says, is our store really growing, I see the same old mostly useless Apps to download!
1. How long before we start seeing interesting stuff?

2. I read somewhere that most of the S40/S60 will ported to Meego soon, how true is that?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Yes it's growing but you have to look long and hard for the new apps because they are drowned in all the useless RSS feed apps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Be happy with ~ 1.000 (mostly sensible) apps, what if we had 400.000 like some OS'ses ? terrible

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eerde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I'm looking fo some games, so far I love AirAttach, Pocket RPG, GT, NFS, anything else worth it out there??

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I'm looking fo some games, so far I love AirAttach, Pocket RPG, GT, NFS, anything else worth it out there??
Check here (My-Meego/Games) - just use search there:

http://my-meego.com/software/categor...ment&fldAuto=3

I think that you can find enough ... 350 games, including Pocket RPG, etc. ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-02-02 at 07:47.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
Be happy with ~ 1.000 (mostly sensible) apps, what if we had 400.000 like some OS'ses ? terrible
That's exactly why I dislike the WP Marketplace on Lumia. I don't find anything useful under those huge piles of sh*t.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
It doesn't help that the N900 community is a bit hostile to the N9 - I've seen the words "Harmattan trash" thrown around. I bet that's because the N9 is "not fish nor fowl" - it's not as open as Maemo5, but it's also not MeeGo either.

If I had seen the supplier of an amazing machine where this community has invested a lot of talent drop it for a pipe-dream (MeeGo), I'd also look at the ragtag remnants of that pipe-dream with some bitterness, even if it is really a cousin (Maemo6 Harmattan).

It seems they really want us to stay in our ghettos, the "Harmattan" thread for ALL N9 software, and the N9/9x0 for ALL N9 hardware. Makes me sad.

Last edited by tigas; 2012-02-04 at 01:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@tigas
i'm not hostile towards a phone.
maybe some people are but not everyone. i personally would have wanted all N9 users to join TMO and repopulate the community (and hope Nokia would notice, though i wouldn't put my bet on that). more Harmattan apps could also mean more apps for Nemo which we could install on our N900's.
Harmattan devs are here and you got your own bookmarks (Harmattan OS and N9 hardware) right in front of TMO. Feel at home!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Thank you. I know that almost everybody is OK with the Maemo6 crowd being here. Especially because FMC looks like a ghost town compared to this place.

I just wish I knew how to code. But I'm willing to localize any and all .ts people send me.

Last edited by tigas; 2012-02-04 at 02:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:

Tags
not happening