Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
So this has been happening to my N9 the past couple weeks here and there.

When I send a text to one person in my contact list, all of a sudden it appears that it sends a text to another person in my contact list. The name changes in the header. The person I intended to get my text gets the text, but it gets threaded in the wrong contact conversation all together. If I erase all my messages it works normally but then after a week or two this behavior returns.

Any ideas of what is going on, or any way to fix it? I've did a little searching but I don't see anyone else with this issue.

I am on PR1.3 also.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I have a similar issue, but for incoming sms. Sometimes they are listet in the wrong threat (ex. an sms from my wife is in "vodafone").

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Did you OTA update to pr1.3 of a clean flash?

This issue has been discussed earier in similar threads with no definite solutions...The thing is its not that prevalent and I've tried much but unable to replicate it...

Maybe look thru' tracker's .db files to investigate but other than that I can't think of much that could avoid/solve this bug...

A clean flash should avoid this issue too...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-18 at 06:59.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I did an OTA update but it was not from a clean flash, I'd reflash it but the only issue is that the only computer I have access to right now at least till the end of the month is my work laptop and there is security on there that won't let me run flasher.

If this persists I'll reflash, anyone have any other ideas?

I have got a same issue...

This particularly happens with me when I have a Message lying from a Sender who is not in my Contacts, mostly from non-cellular Sender.

Like some Institutions or Retail company sending promotional msgs, so the Sender number/name appears like '5402' or 'NBC' as such.

Later when I try to compose a new msg to someone from my Contacts, it will go through as defined. But later, this new sent msg will be lying under above mentioned Senders...

In short, it messed up... with 2 different messages lying under 1 Sender. Whereas it should be 2 different messages lying under 2 different Senders...as usual.. Isnt it ???

Hope to get solution on this at earliest....

Last edited by Matt-UAE; 2012-09-22 at 23:59.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had the same issue. I bet it's very prevalent but people are ignoring it. Truly annoying

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
I haven't had this at all, and I send approx. 100 messages/day to at least 4 or 5 different contacts.I had similar with wazapp, but that was a bug in that software, not with Harmattan.

Neither one of my N9's nor my N950 (all with PR1.3) have ever had the issue.

It was most likely an issue in the OTA procedure, stuffing up tracker. The best (and seemingly permanent solution) is to do a full flash (rootfs + emmc).

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I had the same issue. I bet it's very prevalent but people are ignoring it. Truly annoying
Seriously, are you for real? What a totally dumbass statement.
But there is definitely a huge annoyance about...

this started happening to me out of the blue,i usually take out my sim and put it back,the issue has not popped up again for now.....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
blame Jolla leadership. I had this problem on n900 too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: