Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
A month or so ago, I downloaded the VMWare image from this website, but I've been having some problems with it.

I selected to download the Nokia binaries, which downloaded a whole range of .deb files into a directory (I'm away from the vmware image right now to be able to confirm the exact directory), and it correctly updated the repository settings for apt-get to point at these files.

I performed an apt-get update, a fakeroot apt-get -f install, and then ran the af-sb-init.sh start command. However, within the Xephyr area, I only get Contacts and Control Panel (which only has 2 entries in it), whereas I was expecting for a whole range of apps to be available, including the Application Manager to allow the install of more (eg Maemo Mapper). I also tried a fakeroot apt-get install maemo-explicit, which did nothing too. It's as if it's not installed all the Nokia binaries (none of apt-get commands stated any nokia packages had been installed).

Obviously something hasn't gone quite right. I've created a clean image from the maemo-sdk-vm.tar.bz2 but it had the same problem again when I tried again last week.

Now, this was over the last couple of weeks, well before the latest firmwares came out, so I don't think this was caught up in any package updates, but I'd like to try and get this working...

Any ideas? (If only, ah, no, you downloaded the wrong thing...)

Thanks

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ United Kingdom
Hmm, looking at this further, it appears all the applications that get downloaded by the Nokia installer script are installed. Does this mean the only apps you get with the emulator are the Contacts app - ie no web, no application manager etc.??

If so, it's a shame - the emulator could act as a nice training ground for potential customers...