dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installchangelogs debian/changelog
dh_installdocs
dh_installexamples
dh_installman
dh_link
dh_strip
/scratchbox/compilers/cs2007q3-glibc2.5-i486/bin/sbox-i486-pc-linux-gnu-strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `debian/thomsonkeys/opt/ThomsonKeys/getKey'
dh_strip: strip --remove-section=.comment --remove-section=.note debian/thomsonkeys/opt/ThomsonKeys/getKey returned exit code 1
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 9
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

the application is in python and other one in c++ (getKey)(compiled)
i only have this problem with i386.... not with armel

Any way to upload to armel only?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
If you're uploading pre-compiled files then it'll have to be uploaded as non-free (I've never done that, but presumably there's something in the wiki). Otherwise you need to compile the file as part of the package (or package it separately and add a dependency).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
If you're uploading pre-compiled files then it'll have to be uploaded as non-free (I've never done that, but presumably there's something in the wiki). Otherwise you need to compile the file as part of the package (or package it separately and add a dependency).
ok, thanks

Can the autobuild compile with gcc?

Originally Posted by diego-c-g View Post
Can the autobuild compile with gcc?
Yes - most of the applications uploaded will be compiled with gcc. You just need to make sure that the debian rules file includes all the necessary instructions to build everything.

Yes - most of the applications uploaded will be compiled with gcc. You just need to make sure that the debian rules file includes all the necessary instructions to build everything.
ok, thank you
-----

I created the files to upload, and I used
"gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -funroll-all-loops stkeys.c sha1.c -ostkeys"
to compile a c file

but when i used the Extras Assistant, it say that my compilation work to armel and i386 but it only work to i386.
What do you think might be?

here is the app: http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...nkeys/1.0.1-4/

Well, you've included the i386 compiled binary in the source file, which may cause issues. Looking at the getKey source code though, it looks to be written specifically for little-endian architectures (like x86), so won't work on ARM processors - I could be wrong, but the use of bit-shifting usually points to this.

Well, you've included the i386 compiled binary in the source file, which may cause issues. Looking at the getKey source code though, it looks to be written specifically for little-endian architectures (like x86), so won't work on ARM processors - I could be wrong, but the use of bit-shifting usually points to this.
but when i compile it in scratchbox with fremantle_armel, it work well in sdk and in my n900

only when i upload to repositories it only work to i386

Originally Posted by diego-c-g View Post
but when i compile it in scratchbox with fremantle_armel, it work well in sdk and in my n900

only when i upload to repositories it only work to i386
Oh, okay - it could be just that the binary is currently in the source package then. I'd try uploading a copy without it and see whether that helps.

now i solved the problem.

in the archive .changes, i never changed the Archetecture to armel ,
it had all, and now i change, and buala, it work well!

The Following User Says Thank You to diego-c-g For This Useful Post: