Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston

Its probably like Nokia donated more to Greenpeace.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
That's the final straw. No more Nokias for me! Ever.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Oh what a close race this is, as they round the track lenovo in the lead closely following is sonyericson with nokia and fujitsuseimens neck and neck on the straitaway. OH NO what's this I cant believe it did you see that folks the batteries are exploding pieces going everywhere, OH the humanity of it all what a sad day this will be. What are we going to do.......

Last edited by dan67sf; 2007-09-21 at 01:21.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
All the treehuggers among the geeks, please stand up!

I don't see any?

I am not a tree hugger for sure. But anything against apple...... I am always there. But imagine how jobs would have trumpeted this if apple was on top of the list. I just cant handle jobs and his exaggerations

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I don't get it.. do you envy him?
Do you think that he's getting all the success from suckering many people with overpriced inferior products?

IMHO, your energy is better off being invested in improving whatever it is that you believe in (Maemo platform? Go port apps to Hildon so NIT get more apps in its library!)

Disclaimer: I own apple products. I enjoy them. I own Nokia products, they're cool too. I absolutely love the N800. I own Treo 680, it's indispensable for me. Etc etc..

Have your cake, eat it too.

So I'd like to see what a noninterested 3rd party says how "green" computers are. I mean come on! They ***** about "saving the earth" while driving around a big assed diesle boat!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
I'n not standing cause I'm typing, but I actually do hug trees. you should try it - its very relaxing. Give the tree a full hug and breath for a few minutes.
HA ha ha. Not joking though, its a meditation practice.

I'm glad that companies are improving their environmental impact. I'm probably not helping with all my gadgets.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
All the treehuggers among the geeks, please stand up!

I don't see any?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I don't get it.. do you envy him?
Do you think that he's getting all the success from suckering many people with overpriced inferior products?

IMHO, your energy is better off being invested in improving whatever it is that you believe in (Maemo platform? Go port apps to Hildon so NIT get more apps in its library!)

Disclaimer: I own apple products. I enjoy them. I own Nokia products, they're cool too. I absolutely love the N800. I own Treo 680, it's indispensable for me. Etc etc..

HaveHave your cake, eat it too.
Actually i hate apple because every product is over priced and steve jobs announces them as absolute miracles. Look at nokia... they dont overprice thier products and they dont brag about something which is good as being out of the world. Did you ever hear that modesty is a virtue. Yeah i undersatnd one needs to advertise products. But the way iphone and touch were released was like they were the best in the world. Well i dont blame steve even i would do the same if i had a bunch of brainless fanboys going gaga over every product i release.
Its just frustrating to see companies like apple being able to make huge profits by selling substandard products for thier specific price while not spending any of it on good deeds like the environment.
Just look at nokia never did they mention about the effort they put into the environment and imagine how steve would have spoken at each and every keynote about the wonderful job they were doing if they actually did half of what nokia did!!!
And the way apple treats 3 party software and open source is pathetic. Look at nokia they embrace them and we all know nokia is also trying to wrench control from the absolutely dumb cellular services providers in the u.s even at the risk of losing buisiness. Nokia thinks for the people and the future. But all apple does is making money . Nothing wrong in it. But it is definitely something else to do to do wat nokia is doing. Have you ever tried being modest???? Do it once and izam sure you will appreciate it the next time.
me.
me.