Notices

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by luf View Post
Thank you very much for you help with testing and providing me the output.
Hey, you helped me more than the other way around, so...

I don't understand what isn't synced. Can you explain it with more details?
I meant that PB is not sync'd when using PBAP. Didn't you concluded this too from the PBAP log? I have to test this again (clean device, unpair, re-pair).

Can you also confirm/decline if the "NO NAME" problem persist?
Indeed the problem doesn't exist anymore; reason was that PB was empty. (the one contact that i'm unable to sync is still displayed as NO NAME)

Let's try to use pbap-client from your computer/laptop or hcidump with ascii output to see what is transferred from N900 to carkit. Maybe there is some parsing problem and two following contacts are merged by carkit (I saw this with my carkit but I see no problem with vcards). Contacts aren't sorted alphabeticaly when retrieving from N900 ...
Ok, what would be the best way to setup the test? For laptop, i have only one BT1.1 dongle in the office, otherwise i have to get my V3.0 from home. I use LAST NAME sort order in both N900 and carkit. Maybe i should check the contacts just before and after that particular one...

Also, in hcidump, should i use option -a or -X?

One imbecile (me) is using some restructuralization patches for irmc.c and I made 2 mistakes:
1) detect /telecom/luid/ instead of /telecom/pb/luid/
2) forgot to return session struct when open is successful (everytime returns NULL).
You can see it better in CSSU obexd git repository. I'll push it in few minutes.
Dumb question: are your patches somehow also merged to upstream bluez?

This isn't supported neither by bluez nor by obexd. I have this on my TODO but don't hold your breath. The TODO is still growing.
For example higher positions are new bluez version with DUN and PAN support (missing some PAN part now), obexd MAP support with push and notifications ...
The MAP part will be interesting. Another test case for me For Voice call i wouldn't even be sure how (if) the kit could decide between multiple numbers per contact... right now those contacts are marked with '*' in front, and on selection from PB i can choose which number to dial.

This is ok. It's due to asynchronous calls. It tries read before the async callback fill some data.
Ok.

Sure. It has two reasons
1) call history is accessed only through PBAP with your carkit
2) IrMC calls routines form PBAP as it returns the same What I want to say is that IrMC is implemented as only some wrapper for PBAP in obexd + some info following IrMC specification
What do you mean by info?

(PS.: if you live not too far from .CZ+.DE border, and need a unit for local tests, i could possibly arrange. Distance my hometown -> Prague is ~150km, to border is ~40-50km)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I meant that PB is not sync'd when using PBAP. Didn't you concluded this too from the PBAP log? I have to test this again (clean device, unpair, re-pair).
Right.

Ok, what would be the best way to setup the test? For laptop, i have only one BT1.1 dongle in the office, otherwise i have to get my V3.0 from home.
I know only way under linux. You need to install obexd client part (I'm using RHEL 6 + myself compiled rpm package 0.46) + the python script from N900 dpkg obexd-test package.
So maybe the hcidump should be easier for you.

Also, in hcidump, should i use option -a or -X?
Let's record the hcidump log first (as you already did with non working PB). Then you can try it more times with different arguments:

Code:
hcidump -r <hcidump file> -at | less
Remember you need to start recording before connecting.
And you're looking for /telecom/pb.vcf and the VCARD:BEGIN etc bellow the /telecom/pb.vcf

I use LAST NAME sort order in both N900 and carkit. Maybe i should check the contacts just before and after that particular one...
You don't understand me. I don't know how to describe it better. You'll see there is no order in vcards transfer from N900 to carkit (in pbap-client or hcidump output).
You can't check it againist PB which is sorted in N900 application and also in carkit. The transfer order is simple different.

Dumb question: are your patches somehow also merged to upstream bluez?
No this two as the problem isn't in obexd upstream git. I adopted one of their patches and made two mistakes in it.
The problem is that the obexd upstream is a little bit away and some changes are N900 specific and N900 is old so there is nearly nothing what should be upstremed. Even meego is using different backends ...

What do you mean by info?
Some IrMC specific info. Let's look into the source code plugins/irmc.c (irmc_open_devinfo, irmc_open_info, irmc_open_cc, irmc_open_luid). It's all about what the device is supporting and how many contacts it contains etc.

(PS.: if you live not too far from .CZ+.DE border, and need a unit for local tests, i could possibly arrange. Distance my hometown -> Prague is ~150km, to border is ~40-50km)
Thanks for the offer. I'm far away from CZ+DE border. I'm near CZ+SK border. Maybe I can test it when I disable PBAP plugin. I have to give it a try.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
In the next days i'll try to analyze vcard syncing. I hope to get to it until end of next week, as then i'll be far away until December 3/4th.

In the meantime, anything specific that one should especially test using bluez 4.99-2? At least i can say InternetRadioWidget+A2DP work nicely together, and handover of active calls from phone to carkit and vice versa too.

EDIT: BT name bug?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-11-09 at 10:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
In the meantime, anything specific that one should especially test using bluez 4.99-2? At least i can say InternetRadioWidget+A2DP work nicely together, and handover of active calls from phone to carkit and vice versa too.
No idea what specific. Everything you can imagine if you have time
BTW I uploaded new bluez-4.99 (same name version) with backported NAP - network support. You can see something about that here: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...11-11T17:42:06

EDIT: BT name bug?
What do you mean? Did you faced with such bug? Or the name is just funny? Because it wasn't nice to see some mess string in BT name instead of the one I choosed

No idea what specific. Everything you can imagine if you have time
BTW I uploaded new bluez-4.99 (same name version) with backported NAP - network support. You can see something about that here: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...11-11T17:42:06
Same name? dpkg complained about downgrading, so i looked closer and the newer build is 4.99-2maemo2+0ccsu1 vs. the older 4.99-2maemo1+0cssu1 (older as in being from 2012-10-19)

I would like to check AVRCP protocol support - i see it being announced in L2CAP communication dump, but having no clue right now how to do a set up. Maybe a media player has to be running first, will see... I don't think i could use it along with InternetRadioWidget, which is my secondary use case (along with primary==handsfree).

What do you mean? Did you faced with such bug? Or the name is just funny? Because it wasn't nice to see some mess string in BT name instead of the one I choosed
Not yet. *knocks on wood* But i found it humorous that it bothered you so long... maybe because i never observed it. And i checked the change on .conf file regarding using variables for device name.

(combined IrMC/PBAP/bluez 4.99-2 posting)

Ok, i don't get it. (...but what i get now is what you meant by "there s no order"). After diggin' through both IrMC and PBAP hci logs, my conclusions/results:

1) The contact that is missing from PB isn't transmitted for telecom/pb.vcf.

2) But for each:

telecom/ich.vcf
telecom/och.vcf
telecom/mch.vcf

this missing contact was transmitted!

3) I also have a contact that is only shown by number in the carkit's PB, but the name is clearly stored on the N900. EDIT: I'm not to sure, but it seems i can't find this number or name in the logs for now.

4) For telecom/mch.vcf, entries seem to be (at least sometimes) doubled, with and without country calling code, so i have entries starting with both (example) 0176 and +49176...

but for different X-IRMC-CALL-DATETIME entries (most of them 25-30s apart). Havent' observed this for ich.vcf and och.vcf, where all numbers are transmitted like they have been stored by me in the PB - complete with country calling code.

5) I also get this:
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 6 [psm 23]
AVCT: Response : pt 0x00 transaction 1 pid 0x110e
AV/C: Rejected: address 0x48 opcode 0x00
Subunit: Panel
Opcode: Vendor Dependent
Company ID: 0x001958
AVRCP: GetCapabilities: pt Single len 0x0001
PDU malformed

6) file transfer w/ Win7 Ultimate x64 (latest Broadcomm Suite, 6.5.x) isn't working, in both directions - have to dig deeper into this. IIRC it was already mentioned by another user in this thread.

EDIT: for AT+CIND=?, should in the future the N900's response include "message", when MAP support is enabled? Right now it's just
("battchg),(0-5)),("signal",(0-5)),("service",(0,1)),("call",(0,1)),("callsetup", (0-3)),("callheld",(0-2)),("roam",(0,1))

PS: Totally cool that i didn't update my aptosid x64 VM for months - update orgy before actually starting. And additionally the VirtualBox DKMS guest module isn't building anymore. So no shares right now.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-11-17 at 10:50.

i'll wait till it is pushed to thumb and I'll try out the call history on the blue&me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry for so late response but I'm overloaded in work some as at home ... You know the winter is coming

1) The contact that is missing from PB isn't transmitted for telecom/pb.vcf.
Strange. How strong are you in coding + compiling or in debugging? The easiest way without debugging is to add some more debug logs into the code to see where is the contact dropped. I'm unable to reproduce.

Or are you able to find any difference in this one contact?

2) But for each:

telecom/ich.vcf
telecom/och.vcf
telecom/mch.vcf

this missing contact was transmitted!
Sure. It's normal. PB information is stored and read from evolution-data-server but call history is stored and read from rtcom-eventlogger. So the data are harvested from two different storages which has no conection between them. PB just e-d-s, call history just rtcom-eventlogger.

4) For telecom/mch.vcf, entries seem to be (at least sometimes) doubled, with and without country calling code, so i have entries starting with both (example) 0176 and +49176...
Hmmm, interesting. I think I need to know the wole record. You can get it using sqlite tools or test tools from rtcom-eventlogger-async Oh I didn't create package for it so I attach gzipped armel binaries

test-get-event-by-id [<id>]
if id is ommited 1 is used (id of the event - not the contact)
- returns int columns: id,service-id,event-type-id,storage-time,start-time,end-time,flags,outgoing
- returns string columns: service,event-type,local-uid,local-name,group-uid,remote-ebook-uid,remote-uid,remote-name,channel

test-get-event-list [<query> [<offset> [<limit>]]]
if query is ommited it returns all entries from rtcom-eventlogger
if offset is ommited it returns entries from first occurence
if limit is ommited it returns all entries from the offset position
- returns int columns: id,service-id,event-type-id,start-time,outgoing
- returns string columns: service,event-type,remote-ebook-uid,remote-uid,remote-name

test-get-event-list-count [<query> [<offset> [<limit>]]]
same as test-get-event-list just returns only count of matched entries

Some queries from obexd (for an inspiration):
ich.vcf:
service-id;1;0;local-uid;"ring/tel/ring";0;event-type-id;1;0;outgoing;0;0

och.vcf:
service-id;1;0;local-uid;\"ring/tel/ring\";0;event-type-id;1;0;outgoing;1;0

mch.vcf:
service-id;1;0;local-uid;\"ring/tel/ring\";0;event-type-id;2;0

cch,vcf:
service-id;1;0;local-uid;\"ring/tel/ring\";0

The query is created from triples: <column-name>;<value>;<compare operation>

All this I get from rtcom-eventlogger sources.
- column-names: src/db.c - EventField fields[] - mapping between DB columns and column-name and also the value type (INT, STR, BOOLEAN)
- compare operation:rtcom-eventlogger/eventlogger-types.h - enum RTComElOp - 0 - equal, 1 - not equal; 2 - greater; 3 - greater or equal; 4 - less; 5 - less or equal; 6 - string is in the list of strings; 7 - string ends with

5) I also get this:
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0043 len 6 [psm 23]
AVCT: Response : pt 0x00 transaction 1 pid 0x110e
AV/C: Rejected: address 0x48 opcode 0x00
Subunit: Panel
Opcode: Vendor Dependent
Company ID: 0x001958
AVRCP: GetCapabilities: pt Single len 0x0001
PDU malformed
I don't know the BT protocol and even bluez so good. I also have no idea when it appears in dump. What I associate is that I see some patches for Vendor dependent codecs in upstream bluez. But you have to be me more descriptive (+maybe some debug log) so I can understand and take a look on it).

6) file transfer w/ Win7 Ultimate x64 (latest Broadcomm Suite, 6.5.x) isn't working, in both directions - have to dig deeper into this. IIRC it was already mentioned by another user in this thread.
I didn't get useable debug logs and resp. hcidumps from the user who reported this. So feel free to provide such reports ...

for AT+CIND=?, should in the future the N900's response include "message", when MAP support is enabled?
It's not so easy. AT commands are recognized and handled by bluez (bluetoothd) while PBAP, IrMC, MAP, FTP, ... profiles are handled byt obexd. That's also the reason why N900 still doesn't return the adressbook using AT commands.
Attached Files
File Type: gz test-get-event-by-id.gz (2.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: gz test-get-event-list.gz (2.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: gz test-get-event-list-count.gz (2.3 KB, 110 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Ok i'll do my best after returning from Thailand on December 3th; i have another week of vacation then so time should permit for some testing. (i just check TMO spontaneously here)

As promised, after somewhat partially adapting from 35C in .th to -3C in .de, i did a small testset pertaining OPP / FTP issues under Win7. Links for logs/dumps send per PM as usual.

PBAP tests in a few days if i'm not getting too lazy due to being frozen

EDIT: damn it, redirecting audio (Music & Audio) in both directions doesn't seem to work either, as well as Headset / Speakerphone.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-04 at 15:53.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile