Active Topics

I got it! I simply sideloaded the SFdroid Alpha via adb and it works! Now trying whatsapp, this would be so awesome....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waidler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
How does 4g work on your Nexus 5?
My connects to 4g network but SFOS browser does not open pages immediately. It takes ~20 sec to open first page. Then it works good, but if i open other page it takes the same 20 sec then works good while i am on that page. Every new page takes too much time. I noticed that when i switch 4g on i can't ping anything. Network does not work for some time at network connection startup.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
How does 4g work on your Nexus 5?
My connects to 4g network but SFOS browser does not open pages immediately. It takes ~20 sec to open first page. Then it works good, but if i open other page it takes the same 20 sec then works good while i am on that page. Every new page takes too much time. I noticed that when i switch 4g on i can't ping anything. Network does not work for some time at network connection startup.
4G is working very well in my country. I never had a problem with LTE on my Nexus 5 in combination with SailfishOS.

Right now I run the CM12.1 base with SailfishOS 2.0.5.6 (Haapajoki).

I have the 'international variant' (LG-D821) of the Nexus 5, and my telecom provider is supporting LTE cat.3 for bands 20/3/7 and LTE cat.4 for bands 3/7.

The bands 20/3/7 seem to be kind of 'standard' in western Europe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orks_in_Europe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Yeah, same behaviour here on 4G. Very slow and unresponsive.

The Following User Says Thank You to waidler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
No problems here, did you use the 2.04 image?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
No problems here, did you use the 2.04 image?
Yes 2.0.4.13

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
If you are using multirom could you install 2.01.11 image of the first post and check if there is any difference?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
What happened to this thread? It is so silent the last fortnight.

The Following User Says Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
maybe we are all very happy with ours Nexus 5 and Sailfish Anyway, I hope Mautz will release the new version soon, I'd like to test it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I find myself in complete agreement with @claustn, I am extremely happy with that phone (Mautz-Kernel plus BT fix). It's truly the best thing that has ever happened to me since the N900 (which I still use as a secondary phone).

The only slight glitch I have been noticing recently is Bluetooth not coming up on startup once in a while. Even restarting the BT service from the command line wouldn't work. So, I'd need to reboot (nothing I'd worry about, though).

Also, BT handsfree still isn't working (distorted audio - see way above).

@mautz, all my hopes rest on you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid