Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Great project!
I installed it, but couldnt test it yet as my battery ist still full.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
people around here are to damn lazy to write descent tutorials.
Have you ever written a tutorial or documentation?
Then you would know that it is hard work!

BTW: Don't expect help if you don't get nicer!
People writing software invest a big part of their free time for it.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

people around here are to damn lazy to write descent tutorials. they think people know this ****. Even worse is the comments i get about if you dont know how then you shouldnt. well hell if i could never try how the hell do i learn it? I reflashes my device over 20 times after bricking it. if i want to try it why dont you people write descent tutorials so that we DONT have to brick our devices while trying!
Oh sorry. We're too busy writing software, patches or hacks that you use for completely free.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
people around here are to damn lazy to write descent tutorials. they think people know this ****. Even worse is the comments i get about if you dont know how then you shouldnt. well hell if i could never try how the hell do i learn it? I reflashes my device over 20 times after bricking it. if i want to try it why dont you people write descent tutorials so that we DONT have to brick our devices while trying!
You need to clam down and appreciate all the work developers have done, FOR FREE. I have had my phone since it was released and NEVER reflashed. I find everything to be well documented, and if it is not I ask and I get an answer. Cool it man.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Quite nice idea, I quickly went through the thread. Has anyone contacted the host of LED Patterns and/or Community SSU, since those two, as far as I know, are both doing minor mods to the notification lights? I'd recon, that the first one (LED Patterns) could have this implemented on it, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I don't quite know what to do with this... a little confused and tired. Could you please put it into laymens terms.
MCE (Mode Control Entity) is the daemon that handles display brightness, notification leds etc. via several plugins. One of the plugins, libbattery.so is responsible for enabling the BatteryCharging and BatteryFull patterns. The patch also makes it enable the BatteryLow pattern, exactly the same way as the lowbatled daemon and the original script do.
In the long term, we should (in the Community SSU) replace the whole MCE daemon with the open source version from MeeGo. Short term, I guess I could put a modified libbattery.so module in the lowbatled package instead of the daemon, if that makes any sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
its working grt...thanks needed a lot as it helps to let know when i need to charge...!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
MCE (Mode Control Entity) is the daemon that handles display brightness, notification leds etc. via several plugins. One of the plugins, libbattery.so is responsible for enabling the BatteryCharging and BatteryFull patterns. The patch also makes it enable the BatteryLow pattern, exactly the same way as the lowbatled daemon and the original script do.
In the long term, we should (in the Community SSU) replace the whole MCE daemon with the open source version from MeeGo. Short term, I guess I could put a modified libbattery.so module in the lowbatled package instead of the daemon, if that makes any sense.
i have been thinking about this myself, looked at the meego files earlier to try to sniff out the 5 brightness values.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Stockholm,Sweden
The idea of this extra notification is great but I'd prefer if you could modify the blinking pattern to begin at a choosen percentage other than that , its great !!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Stockholm,Sweden
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Quite nice idea, I quickly went through the thread. Has anyone contacted the host of LED Patterns and/or Community SSU, since those two, as far as I know, are both doing minor mods to the notification lights? I'd recon, that the first one (LED Patterns) could have this implemented on it, right?
correct, if you have both of them istalled the low bat led is implented and editable in led patterns editor.