Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I was hoping for some stack or browser upgrade since 2013. Even helped to some extent. Lost the hope two months ago.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I have seen you've tried to install DebiaN900 but it didn't work in the end did it?
Seeing guys like you (with superior understanding of Linux) struggling with it made me avoid trying it for now.
Still have Easy Debian so I'll give it at least another year.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Installed QML-browser recently, thanks to Nwer OpenSSL.

Replaced %QUERY% with %Q in searchengines configuration file. That one is easy and should be incorporated into new version of QML-Browser.

Am fixing the problem with search defaulting to DuckDuckGo and ignoring the settings. The current band-aid fix is to put something like "1/Wikipedia" into searchEngine setting (by using currentIndex of ListPickSelector), instead of "Wikipedia", and then extract the integer {with .split("/")[0] and parseInt(String)} as needed in UrlInputField (to replace hard-coded 0). Works, but ListPickSelector doesn't like it. There could be a more graceful solution than that, I think, but that would require recompiling the binary?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
To see something like this with N900 browser is cool. Same goes with dooble browser. Browser doesn't offer to save passwords (which is good and bad) and I could not post this pic with it cause it could not open "manage attachments".

I losted cutetube2 playback and maybe something else too cause just couldn't figure out how to make TLS1.2 to work otherwise than making cssu devel upgrade. Always so exicting to see what happens. But how to get TLS1.2 to Opera as justmemory has according "hows my ssl?" page?
Attached Images

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I losted cutetube2 playback and maybe something else too cause just couldn't figure out how to make TLS1.2 to work otherwise than making cssu devel upgrade.
I would say the packages you installed from cssu devel will bring TLS1.2 to qt, but this doesn't mean all applications are now TLS1.2.

For example I compiled wget against libssl1.1 to get tls1.2. Therefore you need a new wget version which has openssl1.1 support. As you seen with gstreamer which uses gnutls through libsoup it is not that easy as you think.

For cutetube2 you can install this version. This is only a workaround for cssu devel. I would like to fix qt so that all old application will still work.

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
But how to get TLS1.2 to Opera as justmemory has according "hows my ssl?" page?
I guess justmemory is using a different version than you. So I would think ssl in Opera is somehow hardcoded, a static build.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Thanks again. I'm now strugling to find out how to update iceweasel certs and found out that even though netsurf and iceweasel were working okay the easydeb was messed up. Iceweasel is so far the only browser that some kid's school related pages work where I have to subscribe. But iceweasel is working pretty ok speed with dsp conf load to kernel and swappolube set to proposed settings.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser