Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
4 days and status is "In repair
Your product is currently being analysed or repaired."
I was promised a call too and that never materialised.

Hello to everyone.
I have discover today that the USB cable connector have two too large hooks that may be one of the causes of broken the USB connector on N900.
These hooks are near the double of the long of the ones on a Sansung charger.
The charger (USA model) connector have bigger ones.
Sorry for my English.

Julio (Argentine)

Originally Posted by julio_testoni View Post
Hello to everyone.
I have discover today that the USB cable connector have two too large hooks that may be one of the causes of broken the USB connector on N900.
Sorry for my English.

Julio (Argentine)
thats known long time ago offcourse its not the main reason it but these 2 prongs helps making the port broken so if u know how to grind them do it or compress them with ur thumbs if possible read some pages in the thread ull find important notes

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
4 days and status is "In repair
Your product is currently being analysed or repaired."
I was promised a call too and that never materialised.
Hi, it's been almost 2 weeks, and i've got the same status

The Following User Says Thank You to Bouloute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Mine broke yesterday morning, took it to Helsinki flagshop and they sent it to somewhere for repairs. Said that it would take about 2 weeks.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Two weeks!! The Nokia Service centre here said 5 days and that is bad enough.

I just don't understand the delay. It takes hours to asses and then decide upon a replacement. What are they doing for the other 13 days!!!

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Two weeks!! The Nokia Service centre here said 5 days and that is bad enough.

I just don't understand the delay. It takes hours to asses and then decide upon a replacement. What are they doing for the other 13 days!!!
I think they say 2weeks to cover their arse, but usually should take about a week to resolve the issue

I'm happy that Nokia are identifying that the fault is a production issue and that consumers can rely on their warranty to get it fixed.

However, Nokia should give all existing N900 users the option of sending their phone into a repair centre so that the engineers can solder the usb port down, and ensure the damn thing stays on!

I can only see this becoming an issue for all N900 users at some stage of the product lifecycle.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
I think they say 2weeks to cover their arse, but usually should take about a week to resolve the issue

I'm happy that Nokia are identifying that the fault is a production issue and that consumers can rely on their warranty to get it fixed.
Yes, they said 2 weeks, but I'm pretty sure that it will take much less than that. It is the basic rule of expectations management, overestimate and then the customer is happier when the result is better than the estimate.

Last time I had my N958GB serviced, they said 1 week and in the end it was like 2 or 3 days.

I also tried to ask, if they change the whole main logic board, but they didn't know. They just said that this is know issue and that they can't fix it in their repair shop and that they have to send it to factory for repairs. What happens, remains to be seen.

Last edited by juahan; 2010-03-07 at 12:15.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Are you guys kiddin? :P In Wavre near Brussels in Belgium they told me 3 weeks! And it's been more than a month now I cannot use my n900 anymore! I'm starting to feel I don't even own one!

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by julio_testoni View Post
Hello to everyone.
Sorry for my English.

Julio (Argentine)
i have known that one about a month ago. if i did not fetch this thread, i will never know that the CA-101 of n900 has such big prongs, (just compared it with my n97 which is the prongs are almost not noticeable)

I believe nokia put a bit bigger prongs on the n900 charger and cable coz some n97 users complained that their chargers and data cables dont bite that much or too loose. Well i just imagined that the very minor problem on the n97 is a big solution on the n900.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty