MeeGo is already dead.
Heres a comment from ChrisatNokia from Nokia on http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...n#dsq-comments
We will transition the MeeGo open source project to focus on exploration of future platform disruptions and next generation devices, platforms and user experiences. We expect to deliver a MeeGo-related device later this year but that device is best defined as an ‘opportunity to learn’.
The MeeGo-related device is an ‘opportunity to learn’ - So MeeGo is now step 5 out of 6?

President Mubarak steps down at the same day Nokia-MS partnership..mmm
How is that related?

There's 2 things I would like to add. I don't THINK I've read them yet- but it's a LONG thread.

It's possible microsoft have given nokia a sh*itload of cash to bin any further development of meego. That way they don't have an obviously better competitor against wp7 while they are trying to get that built up to an established level. ( who would buy a wp7 over a meego device if everything else is equal). So- Nokia, thinking about the money side of things, might have wieghed up- 1. Loads of cash for doing nothing, or 2. sinking loads of cash into something that might still not take off as expected.

The second idea is actually a positive one.....
WHAT IF- microsoft want to take meego, or bits of it, and use it on their wp7, or what is coming after wp7 ( wp8, or wingo or whatever), and that is why symbian and meego aren't getting any more money now, because there are dealings going on to what they can take and what they want to take etc. So, in a years time a 'wingo' device gets eleased that has meego as the basic ui that you boot up, then all the applications etc are microsoft things, developed to boot under meego. It will of course be painted differently and have M$ all over it, but i it's a meego shell then maybe it could be a good device?

Just a couple of ideas I had, nothing more than that................

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hintry View Post
How Nokia will eradicate Symbian & MeeGo...

Let me correct this sheet:
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
The partnership makes little sense. The market is clear in its message. WinMo7 is destined for failure and Elop is bent on taking an awesome company down with it.

WinMo7 is not even close to what Maemo was more than a year ago. It has absolutely nothing to show for in terms for its capability for high-end Enterprise/smartphone use. Current WinMo7 users are not high-end smartphone users.

Is Nokia thinking that it would be able to muscle changes to WinMo7? M$ requirements for manufactures go down to chassis specification. Its a sad day. There seems to be no end to how low Nokia is going in order to "take over" the US market. Most of Finland is probably reeling in shock and disbelief.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to archebyte For This Useful Post:
Elop's phone

sudo gainroot
apt-get wp7 nokia
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

dpkg: warning: this could result to a slow die of nokia

Do you want to continue [Y/y]? Y
(Reading stocks of nokia in the market -13%)

Grettings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
MeeGo is already dead.
Heres a comment from ChrisatNokia from Nokia on http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...n#dsq-comments

The MeeGo-related device is an ‘opportunity to learn’ - So MeeGo is now step 5 out of 6?
It will be just half-baked in the same way as Maemo5 - for hobbyists only. No support, no new features, no future. Because if it has a future it threats the personal future of Elop - it can be clear he puts all money in wrong direction.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
What's most shocking is that MS have given Nokia "unique" access to the OS, allowing them to customise it and change its apperance. Great news, right? Nokia can have the benefits of the partnership AND retain identity AND give something new to consumers of the platform.

Except Elop has said Nokia won't take advantage of that unique access. I just can't get my head around it.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
There's 2 things I would like to add. I don't THINK I've read them yet- but it's a LONG thread.

It's possible microsoft have given nokia a sh*itload of cash to bin any further development of meego. That way they don't have an obviously better competitor against wp7 while they are trying to get that built up to an established level. ( who would buy a wp7 over a meego device if everything else is equal). So- Nokia, thinking about the money side of things, might have wieghed up- 1. Loads of cash for doing nothing, or 2. sinking loads of cash into something that might still not take off as expected.

The second idea is actually a positive one.....
WHAT IF- microsoft want to take meego, or bits of it, and use it on their wp7, or what is coming after wp7 ( wp8, or wingo or whatever), and that is why symbian and meego aren't getting any more money now, because there are dealings going on to what they can take and what they want to take etc. So, in a years time a 'wingo' device gets eleased that has meego as the basic ui that you boot up, then all the applications etc are microsoft things, developed to boot under meego. It will of course be painted differently and have M$ all over it, but i it's a meego shell then maybe it could be a good device?

Just a couple of ideas I had, nothing more than that................
Lol yea right, I can really see myself going into /media to find my sd card under M$.

Get real!

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
So I don't get it, why NOKIA not doing as HTC, I mean focus on hardware and use all available OSs out there?
I think NOKIA is lost their focus when they entered OS "market", they done well on hardware one.
And I think this Elop thing was so expected when viewing it from average mind, he worked for MS and then went to NOKIA, what he did? innovate? no. Just use MS mobile OS because he worked there, WTF!

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org