Active Topics

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
So the procedure is to OTA update all the way, then unlock the bootloader and install Sailfish X

Anyone willing to try this out for us?
I have an Xperia X updated all the way but not yet unlocked.

My plan was to update it via Emma using my work laptop come the 11th. (My only windows machine) I would be happy to test skipping the emma step and just flashing direct. Assuming its considered zero/low risk.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Does anyone have a Sony Xperia X who has yet to unlock the bootloader?

Apparently if you OTA update to version 34.3 it *should* remove the need for Emma/Flashtool when installing Sailfish X.

But once the bootloader is unlocked you stop getting OTA, so none of us have managed to test it yet...

So the procedure is to OTA update all the way, then unlock the bootloader and install Sailfish X

It maybe true.
Probably EMMA simply install the latest stock firmware to an unlocked Xperia X. The same firmware you should receive via OTA.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucavs For This Useful Post:

Apparently if you OTA update to version 34.3 it *should* remove the need for Emma/Flashtool when installing Sailfish X.

But once the bootloader is unlocked you stop getting OTA, so none of us have managed to test it yet...

I'll give it a try as soon as I receive my Xperia X (hopefully) early next week. At least if there is no one who can test if earlier.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trashHeap View Post
I have an Xperia X updated all the way but not yet unlocked.

My plan was to update it via Emma using my work laptop come the 11th. (My only windows machine) I would be happy to test skipping the emma step and just flashing direct. Assuming its considered zero/low risk.
Yeah there is no risk here, worst case is that fastboot says no and you need to Flash with Emma/Flashtool anyway.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I'll test anything, even if it's high risk. I have a hot air SMD rework station and many, many breakouts/SOIC clips and several in-situ programmers that I've used to come back from bad flashes or hard bricks.

Also, can't we just "relock" the bootloader if that becomes a problem? By flashing with the official tool, reverting to a factory state (and flashing the TW partition for those of us that backed it up!)?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Also, can't we just "relock" the bootloader if that becomes a problem? By flashing with the official tool, reverting to a factory state (and flashing the TW partition for those of us that backed it up!)?
If you're willing to flash with the appropriate tool, then you don't need to worry about this at all. This is about providing an easy, mostly software free process to install Sailfish X on any operating system that fastboot supports (linux, windows, osx, probably others).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I sent my phone to Sony for repairs and they updated the software I'm currently on 34.3.A.0.228 but haven't unlocked the boot-loader yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
I also haven't touched my bootloader yet. I intend to downgrade & backup the DRM keys this weekend and then I am happy to try out OTA -> unlock -> EMMA-free flash.

Did I understand correctly that ^^ is what should be tested?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain

Hi.
I already have my Xperia in version 34.3. There's and option in the phone menus to unlock the bootloader (as you can see in one of the Jolla Videos released a few days ago).

I hope you're right with your guess:

1.- OTA up to 34.3
2.- Unlock bootloaders
3.- Flash Sailfish X

Regards.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the last messages.

Last edited by pasko; 2017-10-07 at 08:08. Reason: Didn't read the last messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
We've had a successful flash, so if you want to remain windows free during the install of Sailfish X make sure you update via OTA to 34.3.A.0.228 (check Settings | About phone | Build number) before unlocking your bootloader.

Once you do that, Sailfish X will flash just fine.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x