Originally Posted by j.s View Post
Unfortunately for me, my Proporta 3400mah pack does not. It has worked with everything else that I've tried, including a friend's iphone.
try plugging it in for a few seconds then unplug and replug.

i can confirm that APC mobile power pack does charge N900 using car lighter usb cable, but doesn't charge using supplied N900 usb cable.

Originally Posted by great_uq View Post
i can confirm that APC mobile power pack does charge N900 using car lighter usb cable, but doesn't charge using supplied N900 usb cable.
Uh not sure what you mean by this. What cable are you using? I have tried the one that came with the n900 the one that came with my n810 and the kindle cable. all no go with the mentioned solutions.
Hoping the adapters work, however that failing anyone have any ideas for power on the go with the n900. Maybe a way to be able to keep a battery charging while on the road and the other is in use... Perhaps an external charger for the BL5J that can be fed via usb port...

Originally Posted by intofx View Post
try plugging it in for a few seconds then unplug and replug.
Thanks, but that did not work.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
Anyone have any experience with the Nokia travel charger pack?
http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...ra-power-dc-11

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by gravis86 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Nokia travel charger pack?
http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...ra-power-dc-11
Yes. I use one and it works fine!

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I have a Tekkeon MP3450, and it has trouble charging the N900. Intofx's suggestion of unplugging and replugging will sometimes work -- it seems to depend on how fast I plug it back in and gravity, perhaps? It is very fiddly and takes many, many tries to get it to catch, but once it starts charging I can move it around and do what I like.

I hope there is a software fix/hack for this someday, though.

*edit* Okay, nevermind the confusion -- it is consistently plugging it in to the N900 slowly that makes it work. It takes a certain speed to do, but after a bit of practice I can get it to take every time.
WEIRD, though.

Last edited by ldrn; 2009-12-14 at 01:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Not entirely related, but my Rockfish 12v car charger seems to work fine. The usb cable included with my n900 doesn't seem to work on my ubuntu box for some reason (do you have to mount the storage partition or something?). The usb cable works perfectly with my Jawbone 110v/usb adapter.
I'm sort of in the market for something like the Tekkeon, but haven't really looked very hard yet.

Try item 7: http://thenokiaguide.com/2009/12/06/...n900-part-2-2/

6000 mah of power, CRAZY!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Whoa...
I may have to order one of those. I'm actually on my n810+mifi at the moment after running my n900 dry again. :/ 6ah is freaking ridiculous.