Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
everytime i add the wagic line its somehow removed and return to this !!
what i do is copying it from the directory you posted to mydocs and edit it and then copy it back to the original directory

# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;
# Set to false to completely disable any watching
EnableWatching=true
did u put ; at the end of directory ?

yes i did , the last line was
/media/mmc1/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/wagic;
and i tried it many times from /.tracker to /MyDocs ---- edit it.....then copy back from /MyDocs to /.tracker
and to check copy from /.tracker to /MyDocs and the NoWatch lines are missing the wagic line again !

and i tried it many times from /.tracker to /MyDocs ---- edit it.....then copy back from /MyDocs to /.tracker
and to check copy from /.tracker to /MyDocs and the NoWatch lines are missing the wagic line again !
what editor are you using ? try to use leafpad.

im using n900's notes..are you sure its the problem ? cause when im in MyDocs and save the note and open it again the wagic line is there

i assume u used x-terminal to do these stuff. maybe u missed something in your command.

I used "tracker cfg" from devel repository und this worked flawless in addig wagic to the no tracking list. All you have to remeber ist to save changes and to let it recreate the Tracker-DB. This takes some time depending on how many songs movies ect. you got on your device.

Glasswalker

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
I used "tracker cfg" from devel repository und this worked flawless in addig wagic to the no tracking list. All you have to remeber ist to save changes and to let it recreate the Tracker-DB. This takes some time depending on how many songs movies ect. you got on your device.

Glasswalker
ok i got tracker-cfg from devel and added wagic and clicked on save.
should i uncheck the "enable watching" ? or click on rebuild database cause when i clicked on rebuild a warning msg about restart tracker showed up and looked risky, what do you think ?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
when you uncheck the "enable watching" you prevent the indexing of all new files, so they don't apear in Media player or the ImageViewer.
and you have to restart the tracker, so he build a new index-DB with out the wagic files

thank you Olle and glasswalker that worked but theres images with my song albums cant i just hide them only and not them with the songs ?

thank you Olle and glasswalker that worked but theres images with my song albums cant i just hide them only and not them with the songs ?
tried that too, but as I see it tracker seems not to make a difference in filetypes... it seems to be all or nothing..

and now: back ontopic *grinn*

Glasswalker

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question