Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Finland
Thanks all for this info! Just replaced my Jolla Phone earpiece from my missus old nokia 920, happy days

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apfibox For This Useful Post:
This thread is amazing!
I didn't think there'd be a way to fix the jolla my dearest uses before stumbling across these infos. Hopefully that's even the defective part – crackling started after she dropped it.
Thanks all!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Okay, this worked beautifully.

Never having opened a jolla this far, I generally was pretty cautious (slooooow) and struggled a bit with the "keep front camera attached" part (I now know it means "pry it out of it's glued-in state and keep it dangling from the mainboard"). Also I thought I surely broke it a few times – but I seemingly did not in the end. All in all it was a bit less than an hour including a quick test call and this post.

It was really quite enjoyable, but even with the really nice fixability of the jolla there's still a lot to break for people even clumsier than me – so do be careful when opening electronics of any kind.

My replacement speaker came with a bit of adhesive and only took about 20 hours for shipping (standard letter) for all in all 2,95€. Not remotely bad.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio, hardware, jolla, receiver, warranty