Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i just bumped into a interesting feature/bug while using powerlaunch.

if the device is in offline mode, and something tries to get online, one would normally get a prompt asking if one want to leave offline mode. but with powerlaunch, it just silently ignores it so to speak.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
if the device is in offline mode, and something tries to get online, one would normally get a prompt asking if one want to leave offline mode. but with powerlaunch, it just silently ignores it so to speak.
Should be fixed in 0.8-3. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to austin For This Useful Post:
I had to uninstall powerlaunch from my N800 because the display would not shutoff when I stop using the tablet. I uninstalled powerlaunce and everything is fine. This is the second version I installed and the same thing happened with the first version I installed.

The other thing I found was if the N800 was charging and you shut it down with powerlaunce and disconnected the charger. The charger Icon would stay on the screen. I would have to remove the battery to get it to go away. All is now normal since I uninstalled it.

This is only what I have found on my tablet. I also have a lot of other software installed so who knows what conflicts there are.

craves1

Originally Posted by austin View Post
Should be fixed in 0.8-3. Thanks.
the reason for me referring to it as a bug/feature is that said way of doing things could be interesting for some. so if there is a simple way to turn on or off said behavior it could be nice (im guessing its a simple question of a comment marker in a config file somewhere?)

Originally Posted by tso View Post
the reason for me referring to it as a bug/feature is that said way of doing things could be interesting for some. so if there is a simple way to turn on or off said behavior it could be nice (im guessing its a simple question of a comment marker in a config file somewhere?)
I guess the whole point of powerlaunch is that there are an infinite number of such customizations that one may want to do and it doesn't stop you from doing it. I agree that a simple way to control such things would be useful. I've thought about creating a preferences config file which simply contains variables declaring user desires. But then I couldn't figure out what those standard preferences would be.

heh, i guess so. and as pr default powerlaunch tries to mimic the default menu, i guess its mostly a bug. if me or anyone else want the "buggy" behavior, we have to mod it in there by ourselves.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hehe, I love powerlaunch now.

Thanks Austin!

I've got the hang of the config files

The only things I would like are :
- Startup locking support. I switch it on Settings and my N800 carries on booting. But when I configured powerlaunch to use mce over powered it didn't. Any chance of loading mce temporarily? The lock screen gets executed at osso-systemui-early.
- Making Alarms work. Even with the device on, no alarms go off. With mce they work fine.

I also had a problem where if I shutdown the device with a song playing, it would play again next time I started up.. Not good where teachers confiscate such items doing that :P . I added mpc pause to the mpd init script which works fine but is there a cleaner way?

Also, thought about updating the mpc.conf file?

My one now has toggle set to the big play button, the screen refreshes itself 0.01 seconds, menu button is to choose random play and the home button launches mmpc.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The only things I would like are :
- Startup locking support. I switch it on Settings and my N800 carries on booting. But when I configured powerlaunch to use mce over powered it didn't. Any chance of loading mce temporarily? The lock screen gets executed at osso-systemui-early.
- Making Alarms work. Even with the device on, no alarms go off. With mce they work fine.

I also had a problem where if I shutdown the device with a song playing, it would play again next time I started up.. Not good where teachers confiscate such items doing that :P . I added mpc pause to the mpd init script which works fine but is there a cleaner way?

Also, thought about updating the mpc.conf file?
Startup locking: In theory, you should be able to implement that via powerlaunch only. That is, on powerlaunch startup (in main.on_init), you could check if you should immediately switch to system.devicelock-locked. Currently, powerlaunch doesn't record whether it's in device lock so that state isn't being saved. You could either save it either by writing to a file or use what mce/systemui apparently use (the gconf value /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_failed)

Alarms: I'm not too clear how alarms work or what mce's role is. I will have to look into it more.

Regarding mpd starting up on bootup, that's really a mpd problem. In some sense, it's a feature that it saves the state. But I agree it's annoying. Probably the right thing to do so that it doesn't depend on mpc is in the mpd init script to modify the mpd state file to have "state: stop" before starting mpd.

The Following User Says Thank You to austin For This Useful Post: