Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Rcolistete, do you still plan to release some debs to help the HarmChom instalaltion? I admit I still hope this would help me to solve my "mount on loop0" issue. :X
Yes, "easy-chroot.deb" is ready (need more tests) and "easy-deb-chroot" is being cooked today. I hope to release them today or tomorrow. They will need inception, aegisctl, open-sh and xmimd as dependencies, so will work with or without open mode kernel. And xmimd (i.e., Meego virtual keybord) is not working on PR1.3 (javispedro is trying to fix it). The debian image downloading remains manual.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-02 at 15:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kamilstone View Post
Could anybody re-upload opensh_1.00_armel.deb and aegisctl_1.2_armel.deb because Inception web page break down and on google there are no mirrors.
Thanks a lot.
You can find inception 0.2.5, aegisctl 1.3 and opensh 1.0 zipped here.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Yes, "easy-chroot.deb" is ready (need more tests) and "easy-deb-chroot" is being cooked today. I hope to release them today or tomorrow. They will need inception, aegisctl, open-sh and xmimd as dependencies, so will work with or without open mode kernel. And xmimd (i.e., Meego virtual keybord) is not working on PR1.3 (javispedro is trying to fix it). The debian image downloading remains manual.
I will be happy to try it if you need more tests. I am in PR 1.3 but I have a hardware keyboard that I could use (although I'm not a QWERTY user, so there are some problems) until Javispredo finds how to fix xmimd.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
To beta-testers : here is the 1st release of the package "Easy Chroot" for MeeGo Harmattan : easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb

Transfer it to your Nokia N9/N950 and install by tapping it with a file manager or using "# dpkg -i" as root in X-Terminal.

I will create a specific topic for "Easy Chroot" with better explanation.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-03 at 06:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
To beta-testers : here is the 1st release of the package "Easy Chroot" for MeeGo Harmattan : easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb

Transfer it to your Nokia N9/N950 and install by tapping it with a file manager or using "# dpkg -i" as root in X-Terminal.

I will create a specific topic for "Easy Chroot" with better explanation.
Hi rcolistete, i've downloaded and installed your package as well as the debian v3.e.img file which is extracted to /home/user/MyDocs/.chroot

in terminal as root,
i typed: /opt/easy-chroot/qmount /home/user/MyDocs/.chroot/

It returned an error Image specified does not exist or is neither a regular or block special file

Could you advice on the next step.

Thanks...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-03 at 09:41.

Hi Kabouik,
i had the same error as you. I could solve the problem. Before i used FingerTerm, and it doesnt work. Then i tried Terminal and now i am able to mount.

I installed only inception and aegisctl. Then i was doing the following:
ariadne sh
aegisctl -s
./debian
I was using easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb. But i had to copy the debian script from HarmChom.tgz and i had to create /.debian and the /home/user/.chroot file.

But my device reboots after few minutes, if i am using debian. I dont have any idea why. What can cause this?

My second question:
The home directory in debian chroot is /home/user. This is the same home directory as the normal user in harmattan. Isnt this dangerous? How can i change this?

Last edited by HolgerN; 2012-08-03 at 14:56.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi rcolistete, i've downloaded and installed your package as well as the debian v3.e.img file which is extracted to /home/user/MyDocs/.chroot

in terminal as root,
i typed: /opt/easy-chroot/qmount /home/user/MyDocs/.chroot/

It returned an error Image specified does not exist or is neither a regular or block special file
The debian image should be placed in "/home/user/MyDocs/", for example "/home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2".

"easy-chroot" installs in the directory "/opt/easy-chroot" but links to "/bin/" (which is in user $PATH).

To mount an image, it is simple, for example :
# qchroot /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 /.debian/

About Easy Debian installation & running : please wait for my "Easy Debian" package, to be release in the following hours. I'm testing it.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-03 at 15:15.

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
I was using easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb. But i had to copy the debian script from HarmChom.tgz and i had to create /.debian and the /home/user/.chroot file.

But my device reboots after few minutes, if i am using debian. I dont have any idea why. What can cause this?

My second question:
The home directory in debian chroot is /home/user. This is the same home directory as the normal user in harmattan. Isnt this dangerous? How can i change this?
Repeating about Easy Debian installation & running : please wait for my "Easy Debian" package, to be release in the following hours. I'm testing it.

Reboot ? Are you using overclocking ? I've never experienced reboots using HarmChom.

About "/home/user" mounted in debian : see the Easy Debian topics for Maemo.

Ok i saw, that the mount option can be changed in qchroot.

It is save to have the same home directory? Can debian chroot overwrite something from haramattan configuration?

The user in debian chroot is root
whoami
root
/etc/passwd says that the home diretory for root is /root.

but:
cd ~
pwd
/home/user
This is strange.

It is save to have the same home directory? Can debian chroot overwrite something from haramattan configuration?
Yes, it is possible. But it, in my case, it never happened with Easy Debian for Maemo 4 (N810), Maemo 5 (N900) and MeeGo Harmattan (N9).

If you don't feel safe, just make regular backups of "/home/user/".

The user in debian chroot is root

/etc/passwd says that the home diretory for root is /root.

but:

This is strange.
No, it isn't strange :
[root@m5v3e: /]env
gives
HOME=/home/user
so Debian sets $HOME for root to share "/home/user/".

Please read Easy Debian Fremantle topic and Easy Debian wiki as all the questions above are common to Maemo and MeeGo Harmattan and already answered.

Tags
chroot, debian, harmattan