Poll: What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?
Poll Options
What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Great! Has been on my sig wishlist for ages!!

Thanks for the answer.
Indeed keyboard does not work either, and im not able to use the flasher lol (ubuntu and w7 both x64). Guess i'll have to lend an x86 machine tomorrow.

my logitech mouse dont seem to work , :/

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
someone needs to *.deb this !

GREAT WORK SON!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by azerty1 View Post
- Under some circumstances while moving the pointer it might lag to catch up (i.e. keep doing circles at medium speed). Do sequential (not constant) moves and it won't bother you, will try to fix this soon. BTW, if you're in a heavy WiFi zone (lots of APs, or whatever that uses 2.4 GHz, microwave oven, cordless phones), this behavior might be related to interference as I have noticed.
This could be because bt hid driver has buggy sniff mode support, later i will post patches i have made to my n900 to overcome the issue, so you can try if it solves it

Originally Posted by azerty1 View Post
- The cursor isn't visible while over the browser area (I guess their large, ugly cursor takes precedence?), still shows in address bar and the top bar.
while playing recently with my bt mouse, i found that if you open a site containing flash then cursor appears in browser and remains there until reboot.

P.S.

I am not using your solution to use bt mouse,so above may not be your case. I use much simpler approach to show the cursor, so will will post further details/instructions when I am back to my home desktop

Will the mouse cursor work on conversations?
and which one is the best BT mouse for this

Regards

Well done! I've been really waiting for this

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSwE View Post
my logitech mouse dont seem to work , :/
Does your bluetooth icon turns blue once you move/click your mouse? If it doesn't it could be a pairing problem, try installing bluez-compat and then go to terminal as root and try manually connecting to your mouse using its address "hidd --connect 00:00:00:00:00:00"

Could anyone report success? Just want to make sure it's working for someone else besides me.

Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Will the mouse cursor work on conversations?
and which one is the best BT mouse for this

Regards
I gave it a try and it does work in conversations.

I don't know, I would expect that any mouse works well, I have tried Microsoft and Logitech mice with success.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
This could be because bt hid driver has buggy sniff mode support, later i will post patches i have made to my n900 to overcome the issue, so you can try if it solves it

while playing recently with my bt mouse, i found that if you open a site containing flash then cursor appears in browser and remains there until reboot.

P.S.

I am not using your solution to use bt mouse,so above may not be your case. I use much simpler approach to show the cursor, so will will post further details/instructions when I am back to my home desktop
Somehow I got the pointer to appear on the browser, but lost it after showing and hiding their large cursor, couldn't make it reappear even after going to youtube and playing a video... BTW, are you able to click/right-click scroll in the browser with your bt mouse? My guess is that it only reacts to BTN_TOUCH and ignores all the others... I'll need to try a few other things.

Tags
wikify