Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The voting starts tomorrow!

The election machine has been set in motion and the voting tokens are being mailed out now.
However, you should not be alarmed if you do not get your token today, mailing the whole batch takes about 2 days.

We had to make some last-minute changes in the system as it turned out that there were no contestants left in the "Beginners" category when we reviewed the entries.
We are running now with only 2 categories, "something new" and "Fixing/updating".

You will be receiving 2 voting emails, one per category.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
As it happens, batch-sending the voting tokens was quicker than I expected and all mails have already been sent now!

So, if you have NOT received your voting email yet, please contact me and I'll set it straight.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Also, be sure to check your spam folder. With my address (forwarding to gmail) it somehow ended up in there. Happy voting!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Are the emails sent to everyone with a login on this site, or is it a separate login? I haven't received an email yet, but then I've never voted in any of the Maemo community council elections or anything like that before.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Are the emails sent to everyone with a login on this site, or is it a separate login? I haven't received an email yet, but then I've never voted in any of the Maemo community council elections or anything like that before.
The voting is open for all "Maemo Community Passive Members" who have enough karma; this translates to people who have maemo.org login and have posted now and then to TMO or gained karma via other means[*]

Note that TMO membership is not same as maemo.org membership, you need to have both logins and also need to link your accounts to gain best karma.
(Life is complicated, bro )

[*] Karma is gained from TMO posts, TMO thanks, Wiki Updates, Package testing, Package uploading, Blog postings, (not sure about IRC postings) ... various community related events

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Very complicated... the register button on https://maemo.org doesn't do anything, is it disabled because of spam or something?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Very complicated... the register button on https://maemo.org doesn't do anything, is it disabled because of spam or something?
Oho, I did not notice that until I now tried it.
It has worked before, so there is some problem ongoing.
I'll alert techstaff to look into it.

---------- edit ----------

The problem is only on the https://maemo.org/ page. The http://maemo.org/ seems to work OK.

Last edited by juiceme; 2017-02-17 at 07:58. Reason: New info

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Thank you Juiceme for sorting me out with an account I've voted (not for myself!).

Thanks also to everyone who has contributed, lots of cool apps in the competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
voted, of course, Good luck to all entrants. Very difficult to make choices. Many good entries!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The voting is open for all "Maemo Community Passive Members" who have enough karma
Many thanks to juiceme for sorting out an account at last possible moment and enabling me to vote. Good luck to all involved!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
competition, developer