Active Topics

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
#1 Differend volume settings for at least ringtones and rest
There are volume sliders in settings if you want some sounds louder. If you limit the device to very very quiet then it won't ring like a vuvuzela. This is desirable.

#2 A back button visible in mircorB fullscreen mode
You have slide to history, and backspace. The device has a keyboard, use it. Plus, the full screen anchor already makes a corner unusable, adding more sort of defeats the purpose of full screen. Add more buttons and you might as well back the background black and call it not so full screen.

#3 Add to playlist, remove from playlist in media player
Native media player is a courtesy. There are fifty players out there. Including a couple of media centers.

#4 A scroll bar for or quick links(scrolling through 5000 images or songs requiers a lot of flicking)
It was never meant to hold and display 5000 images, that's quite a load on a PC, let alone a handheld.

Use a third party viewer or player that makes use of folders. There are several. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's to be stretched to its limit. If you need to mass manage media, choose a mass managing software. Instinctiv is making great strides towards speed and has a cascading by author, album, etc menu.

One needs to choose between a touch, slide, animated UI and the ability to actually manage thousands of items with ease. Most of us don't regret that choice.

We have folders.

Besides, I thought osso-media-player had type-to-search for 5000 songs. And 5000 videos. And file manager.

And images has tag-based filtering, folder-based filtering and date-based filtering.

Besides, with that much data I bet it's slow as hell on index.

5000 images. Well, I can think of only one thing that would require 5000 images. Shame on you.

#5 if Flash 10.1 would actually enable me to watch flash videos it would be nice.
Youtube, as well as several other sites still use older flash. For the rest, there are players that can decode FLV. It's not necessary to run the FP10 player to play the video.

And yes, it would be nice to have FP10. But it's not an update to make it the best ever, because it's a year old. By next year, FP 11 would be out and it would be old again.

What one needs is HTML5, which is open and less time constrained. And it's coming from several sources. Patience.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
My five(mostly why I still use symbian for business):

1.ovi maps with turn by turn and syncing with ovi.com places
2.way better portrait one-handed use(rotate all widgets, better browser/conversations/etc portrait)
3.caldav support in native calendar
4.more fields in contacts and just basically better PIM all the way around
5.better battery life

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have no big interest in Meego at this time, so the more improvements in Maemo the better, but I don't expect anything very significant. My N900 already does everything I want it to. Flash 10.1 would be nice, but since Apple is at war with Flash, I suppose that not using Flash at all will remain possible.

I see that a number of people are protesting this thread. In their defense, they are being held hostage and forced to read every word posted on this site, so they are understandably sensitive to content that doesn't interest them. Those of us not forced to read everything can just skip content if we want to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
i prefer to have:
1)-3G video call.
2)- portrait Mode.
3)- more battery enhancement.
4)- feature to delete contacts from SIM card.

The Following User Says Thank You to !!Nokia N900!! For This Useful Post:
Ok, we all know Maemo is kind of dying.

#3 Add to playlist, remove from playlist in media player

Markus
That feature exists, when you create a playlist, and play it, go back to songs, and can add songs, artists or albums to playlist, then you have to save the playlist, and for remove songs, go to the playlist, press on the song for a while and will give you options, one of them is remove song from playlist....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kishan For This Useful Post:
1.- fix the cmera bug using manual iso settings
2.- flash 10.1
3.- graphics accelerator for microb, gpl or whatever is called

those 3

responsiveness will do, but atm is smooth enough

cheers

You forgot FREE voice navigation. Without it, the N900 will always be below the Android phone...let alone iphone.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
@ysss
@jedi
@John McClane

Was my post so far off?
No, but does this forum really want yet another post *just* like this? We've only just had a firmware update - be happy for a bit and be patient. There's some brilliant development going on in the community here - there's loads of good things coming, and not necessarily from Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
There are volume sliders in settings if you want some sounds louder. If you limit the device to very very quiet then it won't ring like a vuvuzela. This is desirable.
My bad - I was under the impression that the sound buttons would actually also be for the ringtone

You have slide to history, and backspace. The device has a keyboard, use it. Plus, the full screen anchor already makes a corner unusable, adding more sort of defeats the purpose of full screen. Add more buttons and you might as well back the background black and call it not so full screen.
You are right. The back backspace does the trick

Native media player is a courtesy. There are fifty players out there. Including a couple of media centers.
Can you recomend one?

It was never meant to hold and display 5000 images, that's quite a load on a PC, let alone a handheld.

5000 images. Well, I can think of only one thing that would require 5000 images. Shame on you.
You couldn't be further off with you guess. We have 5 children and I have been taking digital pictures for a long time. My N900 is kind of another backup place with the benefit of having all images in my pocket.

Taging them would take a very very long time and I can imagine that swichting a phone could break the tags and make me sad having tagged everything for nothing.

So I think a scrollbar would just be nice feature to move quickly in may places.

Youtube, as well as several other sites still use older flash. For the rest, there are players that can decode FLV. It's not necessary to run the FP10 player to play the video.
I just cant play any youtube video with decent quality. I would have expected it to buffer and then play in decent quality. But I get laggs, skips and everything.

What one needs is HTML5, which is open and less time constrained. And it's coming from several sources. Patience.
I do appreciate your tips very much.

Regards Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

1. Fix MicroB so that background images don't interfere with link clicks in context menus, and links can be opened in the background (right now it takes 2-4 attempts to "open in new window" correctly, and I must always switch back to the original window -- see bugs 7438, 10337, 9999, 6366, 1695 ).

2. Allow Exchange mail notifications to be suppressed for anything but Inbox (while still syncing all folders).

3. Prevent Device Lock from waking up device. How many times has your N900 turned itself on with the device lock screen and you think you might have an incoming call, only to find "Device Locked"?

4. Exchange Address Book support.

5. Encrypted filesystem support.

Tags
mmm nice & pert, pert 1.4 mmm, pr1.4, will save the, world