Notices

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
Is there a way to send a fax using the N900? I am tired of usings those online fax services because half of the time they do not go through.

This would make the N900 more computer like if you could also fax. Posibly intergrate the camera as a copy machine and have slider bars so you could see and adjust the image before you take the picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to weirdbeard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
something like this

http://efax-gtk.sourceforge.net/

The Following User Says Thank You to weirdbeard For This Useful Post:
You can try Internet fax services which have special web interfaces for mobile phones and smartphones. They have a simplified design and include all the fax features which allows you to send and receive faxes from your mobile device. You can try Popfax.com, they have an apart service for mobile users.

The Following User Says Thank You to rifus For This Useful Post:
Is there any way we can send fax from Nokia N900 using SIP or Voip ???

If yes, this would truely add another dimension to N900..

The Following User Says Thank You to vivek5000 For This Useful Post:
I strongly doubt that it would be possible over IP (FoIP? Fax over IP?) since VoIP calls are compressed.

AFAIK, GSM communications are lossy too, so not suitable for faxing.

If I'm wrong, hylafax is available for armel architecture in debian, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it work on the N900.

or you could setup a email-to-fax gateway at home (given that you have a mail server around...), i wrote a guide for doing this with hylafax some years ago.

Last edited by simoneb; 2010-07-26 at 17:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to simoneb For This Useful Post:
I came across these links through google:

http://www.cellular.co.za/gsm_data-how-data-is-sent.htm

http://navasgroup.com/attwireless/fax.htm

I dont know the authenticity of the info from these sites, but they look valid, and one can find other articles through google that discuss fax over gsm. I think it depends mainly on the phone's gsm capabilities, and I'm not sure if the N900 supports gsm fax capabilties. Is there anyone here that can confirm if the N900 does perhaps support gsm fax capabilities? (if so this would be fantastic).

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
I've tried with efax-gtk, that I used to use with my previous phone, but it complains:

efax-0.9a: 17:17:56 Error: wrong response after command: +FCLASS=2

also tried setting it to class1 or auto or class 2.0. nope.

The Following User Says Thank You to cipper For This Useful Post:
file with faxnumber as filename to dropbox. server at home take every minute the files in dropbox and either print them or in case of faxnumber fax them. so i can print a file fast via homeserver and have a faxmachine for n900. dyndns is your friend

The Following User Says Thank You to sperle For This Useful Post: