Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
OK, I checked. I do have an account in garage, but I once requested upload priviledges (I think it was for rsync), and never got a response.
Happened to me too. I assume the request ends in someone's overflowing inbox and they can easily miss it. Just send another request if you don't get a response in a couple of days.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi reinob,

did you try this?
Go to the package site you want to maintain, e.g.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/rsync/
and push the button 'Request to be maintainer of this package'

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
It's sad to see how Reinob can't be able to upload these type of packages to the repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
It's sad to see how Reinob can't be able to upload these type of packages to the repository.
I guess he'll be able to with the help of our techstaff

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Originally Posted by freemangordon
I guess he'll be able to with the help of our techstaff
Yes. I wouldn't worry much (hey we *do* have good people around here -- we must not forget that).

The packages I (might) want to upload are not so critical (for that we have CSSU, even if I don't use it..). This is just stuff *I* use on my N900 (talking openssh and rsync mainly) where i want to have an up-to-date version.

I have seen that rsync is unmaintained, openssh is version 5.1 from 2009, nano is a giant mess (nano, nano-tiny, nano-opt, nano-2.0.7) with versions that crash or unexpectedly chop lines (hint: word wrapping is something you do *visually*, *non-destructively*, especially if you're editing code for pete's sake!).

for bash we have { bash, bash2 (diablo only), bash3, bash4 and bash4-opt }, all of them hopelessly out of date.

I don't know if the people listed as maintainers for those packages still exist or give a flying duck about the packages they maintain, perhaps techstaff should ping all maintainers and see if the pong. Otherwise *plonk* (sorry, I'm particularly poetic today. Must be the headache).

Anyway, it's not so bad. It's good enough that the version of bash in our "ancient" N900 is (if we want) more recent that the one in most "modern" computers in this world.

Cheers.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
@reinob
i have sent an email to the current bash4 maintainer a few days ago, but so far i haven't received any reply.
If you wish you could try again.
Usually is the new maintainer that should ask the old one if he is still interested maintaining the package.
Then, you can push the button "request to be the maintainer".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Happened to me too. I assume the request ends in someone's overflowing inbox and they can easily miss it.
Technically they should end in my inbox and it usually takes one or two days untill I get to them, but I didn't get emails for the past 2 months regarding that form ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Technically they should end in my inbox and it usually takes one or two days untill I get to them, but I didn't get emails for the past 2 months regarding that form ...
Sorry, I should have been clearer. My case was not that recent. It was some 6 months ago and was quickly resolved after a follow-up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@reinob
Which is the situation about the request to be maintainer of the bash4 package?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@reinob
Which is the situation about the request to be maintainer of the bash4 package?
Thanks for the reminder. I sorta forgot the issue. My plan-B was to simply set-up an sftp-accessible folder where people can download stuff. I prepared it, but didn't actually post about it.

I'll add it to my to-do list for this week to check/request maintainership for bash4.
(note that the above doesn't mean much, but at least it exerts a bit of pressure on me, so I might actually do it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, shellshock