Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Done!

Wonder why I did not do any earlier? (maybe due to so many updates? )

And we still receive even developer went away from maemo.
Huge thanks to iDont.

Please stay with us forever! (But it seems Maemo keeps a lot of people in a "uh its old/need to go further/but still love it" mood, right?)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by iDont View Post
busybox-power in extras-testing needs one more upvote to get promoted to extras. I think it's stable-material, considering the time it has been staging in testing. Anybody who agrees and would like to do the honour? Thanks!

Once upstream BusyBox reaches 1.23.1, I'll update busybox-power and push that to extras-testing. Let's see if we can then get that version into extras . I'll drop a message once that has happened.
May I begin by thanking you for your work on this package.

For some time I have been using Bluetooth PAN tethering, as described in this post.

I installed busybox-power_1.21.1power1 after it was pushed to Extras. I found that Bluetooth PAN tethering no longer worked. I reverted to busybox-power_1.20.2power4, and found that Bluetooth PAN tethering worked again.

Now that I know that the change is easily reversible, I would be happy to reinstall busybox-power_1.21.1power1 if I could be of any help in investigating the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerox For This Useful Post:
I have no idea why busybox should cuase any trouble BT panning, as I see it only as shell spawning some commands (and not relying on any -possibly changed- output from any bb tool.

But anyway, you know that we already have newer version (Debian 1.23.0power1)? It is in extras-devel or here.
Maybe that helps you?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
May I begin by thanking you for your work on this package.

For some time I have been using Bluetooth PAN tethering, as described in this post.

I installed busybox-power_1.21.1power1 after it was pushed to Extras. I found that Bluetooth PAN tethering no longer worked. I reverted to busybox-power_1.20.2power4, and found that Bluetooth PAN tethering worked again.

Now that I know that the change is easily reversible, I would be happy to reinstall busybox-power_1.21.1power1 if I could be of any help in investigating the problem.
Hi! Thanks for your appreciation . The problem is probably caused by this commit. Try replacing all occurrences of /usr/bin/brctl in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-bnep.rules to /usr/sbin/brctl

Once upstream BusyBox reaches 1.23.1, I'll update busybox-power and push that to extras-testing. Let's see if we can then get that version into extras . I'll drop a message once that has happened.
This has happened. As usual: sources & debs (including thumb).

The new release does not seem to get loaded in the repositories for some reason (though the autobuilder is finished), so I can't push it to extras-testing yet. Let's wait and see if it progresses.

Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
This has happened. As usual: sources & debs (including thumb).

The new release does not seem to get loaded in the repositories for some reason (though the autobuilder is finished), so I can't push it to extras-testing yet. Let's wait and see if it progresses.
It usually takes a few hours between the autobuilder successful build and the package appearing in the repos. Where it hangs out in the meantime is a mystery.

Another mystery is why I can't install it. It is in the repos now, yet apt-get (or, in my case, fapt-get as I use different catalogues for HAM and FAM) fails to fetch it (highlights are mine):

Code:
Bianca:~# fapt-get install busybox-power
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  busybox-power
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
Need to get 533kB of archives.
After this operation, 254kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free busybox-power 1.23.1power1 [533kB]
Fetched 1B in 0s (7B/s)
Failed to fetch http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/b/busybox-power/busybox-power_1.23.1power1_armel.deb  Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
Bianca:~#
I can download it straight from the repo just fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Hey. I have a problem updating busybox-power too. I am updating it via HAM. It downloads the package and while installing I recieve a dialog box saying the file is corrupted. And upgrading via apt-get I recieve the same output as @pichlo.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Same here, error when installing over apt-get, fam or ham.
But installing the deb posted by iDont from the garage worked fine.

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
I hope they see the problem and fix it soon.

I think I somehow fvcked autobuilder once up, with such behaviour. I cannot remember exactly but something with uploading the same package twice as I did not get any feedback.
I uploaded exactly the same files but autobuilder created somehow different sizes of deb files. So first created DEB was in repo and second one's size. That IS a mismatch.
Only solution would be a manual intervention by repo admin.
Or more easily iDont increase the build number and upload it once more.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I think I somehow fvcked autobuilder once up, with such behaviour. I cannot remember exactly but something with uploading the same package twice as I did not get any feedback.
I uploaded exactly the same files but autobuilder created somehow different sizes of deb files. So first created DEB was in repo and second one's size. That IS a mismatch.
Only solution would be a manual intervention by repo admin.
Or more easily iDont increase the build number and upload it once more.
Yeah, I guess I've made the same error. I'll up the build number and upload it again.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post: