Notices

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Whoop ... this popped up as an update on my phone today, making me very happy ... thanks to the makers & testers for getting it into testing!

... I too would love an option to disable the photo updates ... and would prefer if it would import higher res contact pics when it does! ... for some reason Hermes imports low quality pics & even if it's a picture I'm happy using for a contact I eventually have to change it as I hate the low-res pic quality!

Thanks again for the update! x

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
... and would prefer if it would import higher res contact pics when it does! ... for some reason Hermes imports low quality pics & even if it's a picture I'm happy using for a contact I eventually have to change it as I hate the low-res pic quality!
maemo.org - package overview Hermes
Code:
Version	Changes
0.8.9	* Use the redirected picture URL to get larger resolution images.
That's the newest one (which you got today) so I'd say fixed.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-03-05 at 18:33. Reason: Wrong URL.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
maemo.org - package overview Hermes
Code:
Version	Changes
0.8.9	* Use the redirected picture URL to get larger resolution images.
That's the newest one (which you got today) so I'd say fixed.
Ooops! ... sorry I've double checked ... and that seems to be true for facebook ... it doesn't appear to be the case for twitter though ... (I only actually downloaded a few pics and only one facebook userpic, so didn't realise that was perfect!) ... two of the twitterpics I've downloaded had twibons attached, so I'd expect them to be poor quaity ... but one of the twitter pics that I know is on twitter as a 125px image that works very well when transferred manually to my phone was downloaded with really poor quality ... anyway ... I did decide to double check and added Charlie Sheen to my contacts ... http://twitter.com/account/profile_i...en?hreflang=en ... he has a good qualiy userpic on twitter ... but on my n900 it's awful!

Just me having problems with Hermes? It just won't finish 'reading contacts' and is stuck there forever, thus messing up my contact list.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tulsa, OK
Originally Posted by n900newb View Post
Just me having problems with Hermes? It just won't finish 'reading contacts' and is stuck there forever, thus messing up my contact list.
It doesn't work for me either. I keep getting a network connection error for both wifi and 3g.

Originally Posted by herb View Post
It doesn't work for me either. I keep getting a network connection error for both wifi and 3g.
same here... it happens after updated to 0.8.9.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Feature Request

I'd like a way to "prioritize" which picture is used when multiple services are available. E.g. Twitter<LinkedIn<Facebook<"OnN900JPEG"

There is also some work that could be done in double-checking the identity of accounts. In my Contacts i have 3 entries for myself: Me-Work, Me-Friends, Me-Combined. The first two contain only contact information I'd give to colleagues or friends, and the third has everything for me. In addition I have many friends on Facebook with my name. {Silly yes, but I did it} Every time I run Hermes, I need to "re-set" the images of me, which are locally stored JPEGS. It seems that if Hermes discovered potential multiple entries, it could check email or web page entries to verify which one was correct....

Thanks,

This is really great software....

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by gjoe View Post
same here... it happens after updated to 0.8.9.
You have to re-authorise your accounts. But it stills keeps takes 5 minutes to complete.

What I would like is for the photos to be of bigger resolution. And why not sync with Yahoo! as well ? People tend to change their avatar more often than their profile picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
And why not sync with Yahoo! as well ?
Please submit an enhancement request.

When requesting any new data source, it helps Jaffa (and other potential developers) if you provide a URL to the service, a URL to their public API documentation, information on what data provided by the API might be pulled in by Hermes, and information on what key fields exposed by the API might best be used to match with local contacts.

problems:

1) i have 400 contacts on my facebook account, but hermes still downloading 350 from the first time i used it. what happens with the "new" 50 contacts? how can i import them?

2) i dont like the english language character so i edit each contact to my native language, is there a problem synchronizing the contacts from now on?

3) every time i use synchronization says for example, 310 contacts updated, 310 contacts matched and 40 contacts unmatched, is there any way to see which are these 40 contacts?????

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website