Hi, Please anybody help me.
I download apps but the mobile show me the messaje
"Not enough space in applications install memory. uninstall some applications to free enough space for this installation"

Thks for your help.

Facasma

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
it says to uninstall applications to free some memory. it might be wise to try that....

I uninstall applications before but the problem continue.
Thks and please help me

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had a similar problem some time ago. I helped myself by installing localepurge. This freed some MB on my system, around 13, if I remember that correct.

Another solution *might* be to "apt-get install --reinstall maemo-optify-runonce" (Edit: as root, works only if rootsh is installed) and reboot (test it with "df -h" on xterm - before and after reboot). I think it has helped me once after installing several programs, but I'm not sure about how much space it freed up.

The python program bleachbit might also be helpful, but you have to go through its options first and take care of what you do, because you can brick your device.

The biggest impact though was after a recent reflash and letting HAM restore all my previously installed programs. Don't know why, but with the same programs installed I had 80MB free instead of 40MB prior to reflash... Maybe some programs from extras repository don't get optified, when installed with FAM (not too sure about this again).

Anyways: good luck.

Edit: you might also want to check for forgotten deb-files in /var/cache/apt/archives. Sometimes I found some archives there after installing via command line.

Last edited by geekgirl74; 2011-01-31 at 14:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hi, thks but I put this "apt-get install --reinstall maemo-optify-runonce" and then my mobile show me:
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dlkg/lock - open (13 Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

and then? I dont know anything, please help me

Thks

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?
Are you root??? Do you have rootsh installed on your device?
If you have to quickly free some space to do anything at all, try to disable extras-testing and extras-devel catalogs in the application manager. You also might consider removing some of the widgets and stuff on your desktops.
For anything else you will need rootsh installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Are you root??? Do you have rootsh installed on your device?
If you have to quickly free some space to do anything at all, try to disable extras-testing and extras-devel catalogs in the application manager. You also might consider removing some of the widgets and stuff on your desktops.
For anything else you will need rootsh installed.
Thx for adding what I forgot. Maybe I have been too long with Linux to not think about those tiny details like rootsh

what is rootsh? I dont know

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
This is root.

The application Terminal X is Root?
I dont understand well.

I need solve my problem about the "Not enough space in applications install memory. uninstall some applications to free enough space for this installation"

Thks