Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Cheers for that tip bro. On it now. It just imported all my friends list into my contacts. i never knew this phone could do this tbh.
Np. The merge contacts plugin for contacts comes in quite handy once you add your fb IM account. Even more so when you add in your other IM accounts as well!

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Im experiencing this again tonight and I think I've found a way around it.

I just enter a new line before posting what ive wrote - i.e. finish writing
>> shift + enter >> enter. That seems to work for me,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
I don't have any problems with commenting on Facebook since I'm so used to selecting all, copy and pasting. What I do have a problem with is viewing photos.

Facebook has changed their site once again, and now it's more difficult to view photos and the comments of those photos. When you click on a photo, it pops up a big black background with the photo floating over the news feed, but when you try to scroll down it [the MicroB] thinks you're scrolling through the news feed instead, so the photo viewing disappears and reappears in the process. The picture is sometimes too big and I can't scroll to the comment section of that picture. Even the zoom in/zoom out doesn't work that well. It's just really annoying. I was just wonder if there's any round-abouts to this.

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-04-16 at 22:09.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
I donno about FB as I don't use that. But one of my hardware stores has a similar annoying pic viewer now. There microB's hover mode helps. Have you tried that?

Originally Posted by Roth View Post
I don't have any problems with commenting on Facebook since I'm so used to selecting all, copy and pasting. What I do have a problem with is viewing photos.

Facebook has changed their site once again, and now it's more difficult to view photos and the comments of those photos. When you click on a photo, it pops up a big black background with the photo floating over the news feed, but when you try to scroll down it [the MicroB] thinks you're scrolling through the news feed instead, so the photo viewing disappears and reappears in the process. The picture is sometimes too big and I can't scroll to the comment section of that picture. Even the zoom in/zoom out doesn't work that well. It's just really annoying. I was just wonder if there's any round-abouts to this.

// Roth
when you see the new notification for the comments, just click the red icon to see list of new notifications, press the "see all notifications" at the bottom, then when the full list loads, touch and hold on the "photo" link and select "open link in new window" do it for all photos...

you might know this already, just wanted to give hints

The Following User Says Thank You to kingofsorrow For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Yeah, it is definitely easier to open photos in a new window rather than click on the directly.

I have the truncated comments problem too, and also the issue with photos described above.
I wish Facebook would employ some better developers. They don't seem to be familiar with the "if it aint broke don't fix it" principle. Do they have too much spare time on their hands or something?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
I have the truncated comments problem too, and also the issue with photos described above.
I wish Facebook would employ some better developers. They don't seem to be familiar with the "if it aint broke don't fix it" principle. Do they have too much spare time on their hands or something?
Can you try my suggestion in post #32 above and see if that helps with the truncating issue.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Can you try my suggestion in post #32 above and see if that helps with the truncating issue.
Yes, I have been trying it and so far it seems to work. Thank you.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I know its a not solution for MicroB but try using Fennec with Phony addon.Just change user agent to Desktop Firefox and browse facebook

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, fogeyzlrule, prada sox