Notices

Trying to run flipclock on n810. I try to openh it, it says opening, but then nothing happens. I tried to run it in xterm and get

flipclock: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to install libsdl_ttf-2.0-0, it says it's already installed and up to date. I'm not sure what to do next.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
Trying to run flipclock on n810. I try to openh it, it says opening, but then nothing happens. I tried to run it in xterm and get

flipclock: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to install libsdl_ttf-2.0-0, it says it's already installed and up to date. I'm not sure what to do next.
Are you getting the latest libsdl_ttf from the devel repo? Also, get the -dev package as well and see what happens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
I have been using FlipClock for almost one year now and I love it - especially after the last update, which made the user interface so much better.

There is one issue that I can't resolve. Most of the alarms I set seem to stick around forever. I noticed first time when the daylight savings started and I had to move all alarms by one hour. Since then I get the new alarm at 6:00am and the old one at 7:00am. Since sometimes I have to get up at different times I also have days where the alarm goes of three or four times now.
Interestingly, this stickiness does not appear all the time. Some alarms were correctly deleted from the system after I changed them.

Is there a way to terminate all those alarms that I don't need anymore?

had an update for this today but it fails saying download file is corrupt?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
I have version 0.9.7-7 installed and as far as I know there is no recent update.

Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
got a corrupt file message today as well though it says installed version and available version are the same. Don't know why it shows up in updates.

Last edited by holysocks; 2010-08-27 at 19:38.

Had a quick look through the thread and can't see a similar issue, 9-7-7 on n900 and I use auto display lock set at 5 mins because of stickybeaks and young sticky fingers, so when I use Flip Clock after 5 mins the Enter lock code screen appears this kinda defeats the object of using it as a bedside clock.
Is this linked to the insomnia mode problems?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Couple of days ago the alarm stopped working for me on my N810.
When the set time comes up the button for turning the alarm off or snooze comes up and I can hear a short 'click' but no alarm sound is being played even though I link to the same audio file I've always used.

Help.

Edit: When turning on Insomniac mode it seems to work again.
Odd, will test more.

Edit II: Nvm that didn't work. Still no alarm.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-24 at 22:41.

when i use system auto lock after 1 hour it turns off my flipclock,i use the flipclock as a bedside clock so i know what time it is when i wake...so its an issue if it is turned off by system lock..
i think this is really a system lock issue rather than flipclock but any suggestions??