I'm so disappointed, that I'm almost crying here.

I cannot understand the CPU choice. If they cut every corner already, why no Omap4 or N8's camera?

Wheres the future disruption in Omap3?

Is it because Elop wouldn't want Mango to look quite SO rotten even compared to other Nokia phones, when they finally are able to release it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mobilesynthesist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
A hw keyboard would have been a good start. Maybe even some kind of new tech, haptics or the like, so that the new buttonless screen real estate you guys seem to treasure so much doesn't get obscured by 50% when you need to type something into the phone.

But that's just me....
You are not alone, especially in this world of talk.maemo.org, but reality is that any sales statistics on smartphones tells you that monoblock device outsell by a huge margin any QWERTY devices. Just go into a shop a check out how many QWERTY smartphones you will find.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
I forgot these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...1WPB4JYJPSJ0K3
http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-K.../dp/B003UE52ME
Those will comfort those who are crying for the keyboard. But what will comfort me?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mobilesynthesist For This Useful Post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CWB172FmU (1.22)
Found from here.

is that function available on every application? Hopefully so.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Mobilesynthesist View Post
I'm so disappointed, that I'm almost crying here.

I cannot understand the CPU choice. If they cut every corner already, why no Omap4 or N8's camera?

Wheres the future disruption in Omap3?

Is it because Elop wouldn't want Mango to look quite SO rotten even compared to other Nokia phones, when they finally are able to release it?
Actually, the camera is the first 16:9 wide angle lens. You get more HD photos than with other Nokia smartphone.

And the processor... we need 60 FPS for transitions and 30 FPS for video, nothing else. The benefit with our CPU is that the battery gets you much further than any dual-core/LTE device. Not to mention that the radio performance beats essentially the whole competition out there.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
No Landscape mode? I can hear the cries on the forums already!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Just for clarification: the whole thing about future disruptions is about what comes after the N9, not the N9 itself.
So what comes after the N9? No more meego, just Windows Phone.

But I'll grant you that a usefull Windows Phone Phone would be quite a suprise :P

I'll pass for now, by the time my n900 needs to be replaced I'll buy a phone from a vendor actually supporting Meego (or some other properly open platform).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AVee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Just for clarification: the whole thing about future disruptions is about what comes after the N9, not the N9 itself. The N9 is very much about world's firsts: all-screen phone, webkit2 browser, 8 MPIX camera with 16:9 wide angle lens, Dolby Headset support...
Are you going to start talking about step 4 of 5 now, or is that last year's rhetoric?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
'Like nothing before and instantly easy to use' has already been done before, and done to death. And unlike the N9, the iPhone is already for sale at every store.

Well in this challenging case, I recommend holding it in your hands and trying it out. It's like nothing before yet it's instantly easy to use.

The Following User Says Thank You to tkatchev For This Useful Post:
You are not alone, especially in this world of talk.maemo.org, but reality is that any sales statistics on smartphones tells you that monoblock device outsell by a huge margin any QWERTY devices. Just go into a shop a check out how many QWERTY smartphones you will find.
Thanks for the honest reply, and I DO understand, really.

I just don't know why Nokia couldn't just say, screw that, we aren't supporting it anyways, and the TMO customers that supported our Internet Tablets all the way to Meego (and who in the end actually provided the necessary software updates {CSSU, USB OTG, etc}) actually prefer it. So let's go out with a bang.

I just doubt that Nokia really cares about the sales of this device when it is so heavily invested in WP7 now. I am really beginning to believe that development of N9 was stalled or cut to favor release of WP7, I guess we'll see.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????