Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
what is the difference between the uk and the global firmware image?
they hard-drive on the left side of your device...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I have now upgraded and the firmware version is now 3.2010.02-8.203.1 which would appear to be a later version than this update
No, it's the same as this update - I guess that Blobster2k mistyped when he put in the thread title, as there's no 201 variant (that I've seen or heard about anyway). The UK variants are 203 and 205 - not sure whether 205 has received this update yet though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Just noticed I wrote 201 instead of 203 - please can a mod amend this..

Teach me for writing this the second I wake up!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blobster2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Still no update appearing for me. I'm like a kid on christmas morning. Hurry up!

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poole, UK
i'm just making a wild stab in the dark, but i'm guessing that the UK varriant is down to the UK networks wanting to give it a basic approval before it is used on their networks.

For those of you that don't have it, i reckon you have devices using the Vodafone variant, which will go through more stringent testing that the standard UK variant, and probably have some customsing done with special Vodafone apps etc

The Following User Says Thank You to davidh101 For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to update (I have 40.4Mb RootFS free) but it says "Not enough memory in target location". Doesn't even suggest connecting to a PC.

I've got Testing and devel disabled as they normally are.

I think this is because I had a never ending reboot problem a while back, and reflashed, but that means I've got some crap left from before in my rootfs.

How do I clear out stuff from before my manual reflash, without wiping the entire eMMC (think that's the right terminology).

I can get easy root access using WinSCP, but don't want ot randomly delete stuff! I have made a backup onto my microSD card, but not sure exactly what is backed up and what isn't. Essentially, I don't want to lose My Photos and videos that I have recorded!

Many thanks,
Dex

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
I'm trying to update (I have 40.4Mb RootFS free) but it says "Not enough memory in target location". Doesn't even suggest connecting to a PC.

I've got Testing and devel disabled as they normally are.

I think this is because I had a never ending reboot problem a while back, and reflashed, but that means I've got some crap left from before in my rootfs.

How do I clear out stuff from before my manual reflash, without wiping the entire eMMC (think that's the right terminology).

I can get easy root access using WinSCP, but don't want ot randomly delete stuff! I have made a backup onto my microSD card, but not sure exactly what is backed up and what isn't. Essentially, I don't want to lose My Photos and videos that I have recorded!

Many thanks,
Dex
try as root,
Code:
apt-get clean
and
Code:
apt-get autoremove
autoremove is used to remove packages that were automatically installed to satisfy dependencies for some package and that are no longer needed.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Nothing here for me in UK on 205

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Bristol
This release is not available from Vodafone - I'm quite tempted to flash generic firmware onto my unit - is it a case of doing a backup, flashing, then restoring ?

Cheers,

Gavin

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
@davidh101

I think you might be right - should have guessed vodafone would have to police it!!