Keeps telling me that the database needs initialising when I select Yes it rapidly churns through the files until it stops on 129672 found (OFF to return), but freezes there, I've tried switching off and on but it goes back to database needs initialising again

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
How do I get my Rockbox to scrobble to my Last.fm account?

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Also what plugins are available on the N900 for Rockbox that work.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Originally Posted by md_kks View Post
i am sorry but rockbox doesn't create bookmarks at all. it doesn't even ask for it althoug i have set the option to do so. maybe i don't know how to handle it right. may you help me?
Try this:
Let some play and then go into the context menu (the one with the capital C). Create a new bookmark manually. Does that work?

IIRC it doesn't create a bookmark automatically during shutdown because it's not allowed to present a dialog.

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
Also what plugins are available on the N900 for Rockbox that work.
Do you miss anything that a native app can't do?

F.e. mikmod is available.

Originally Posted by bitwit View Post
Thanks!

It works great so far. And this version now starts the file browser in MyDocs and not in /.

Hooray!!
You can make any folder your start folder: Just hold down the right arrow key on a folder name and select "Start file browser from here"

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lanser View Post
Keeps telling me that the database needs initialising when I select Yes it rapidly churns through the files until it stops on 129672 found (OFF to return), but freezes there, I've tried switching off and on but it goes back to database needs initialising again
Might either be a corrupted database or some special file that causing it to stall.

Please retry with a fresh database by removing the $HOME/.config/rockbox.org/database* files.

Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
How do I get my Rockbox to scrobble to my Last.fm account?
Same as with any Rockboxed device: submit the log manually.

For on-device scrobbling, I did get qtscrob to build in scratchbox by removing all mention of libmtp from the Makefile, but I'm utterly clueless when it comes to getting it packaged.

After installing by hand, however, it did submit without too much trouble, although I think I did have to use the recalc date/time feature.

Of course the easy way out (if not the most convenient in the long run) is to just hook it up to your desktop or use one of the web-based tools.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhraakellian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
Try this:
Let some play and then go into the context menu (the one with the capital C). Create a new bookmark manually. Does that work?
I already tried to create bookmarks manually but it didn,t work, if i click on "create bookmark" nothing happens, no report wich tells me that a bookmark is succesfully createt shows up. and if i clicking after that in the mainmenu on the menupoint latest bookmarks, it tells me "no bookmarks".

somehow it doesn,t work!

Last edited by md_kks; 2011-05-02 at 19:20.

Originally Posted by md_kks View Post
I already tried to create bookmarks manually but it didn,t work, if i click on "create bookmark" nothing happens, no report wich tells me that a bookmark is succesfully createt shows up. and if i clicking after that in the mainmenu on the menupoint latest bookmarks, it tells me "no bookmarks".

somehow it doesn,t work!
If I click on "create bookmark", it shows the expected "bookmark created" screen. It also shows up on the "Recent bookmarks" overview.

Please go to System -> Rockbox info. Does it display "Version: unknown-110416"?

Tags
audiophile, rockbox