Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I knew it....as I said....Flash 10.1 will NEVER get on an N900....why?

Adobe pulled the plug on Win 6.5 today....so no flash for them....now, what makes you think that these lazy faks will put flash on a platform that is almost dead (I`m talking about Maemo)....Now that Meego is up I don`t think they will even contemplate putting flash on Maemo....the dream is over

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
This is a joke, n900 mobile computer?? these basic functions should be working, maybe it would be slow etc but i cant watch half the videos on the net because flash is not the latest versions, i love this phone but to be honest some things are **** me off the now.

The Following User Says Thank You to squirreluk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
At the beginning of this thread there is a youtube video that play flash beta on an N900 so that must mean something???

Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
At the beginning of this thread there is a youtube video that play flash beta on an N900 so that must mean something???
Theres been a lot promised for this phone but im not so sure its all coming, phone was shown off with flash but has not moved with the times.

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
I knew it....as I said....Flash 10.1 will NEVER get on an N900....why?

Adobe pulled the plug on Win 6.5 today....so no flash for them....now, what makes you think that these lazy faks will put flash on a platform that is almost dead (I`m talking about Maemo)....Now that Meego is up I don`t think they will even contemplate putting flash on Maemo....the dream is over
MeeGo changes nothing for Maemo 5. Maemo 5's product cycle isn't changed by MeeGo.

MeeGo isn't revolution, it's evolution.

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
MeeGo changes nothing for Maemo 5. Maemo 5's product cycle isn't changed by MeeGo.

MeeGo isn't revolution, it's evolution.
Well i just hope it helps to push the n900 on, Wish nokia would tell us where this phone is going.

They have already demonstrated 10.1 working on a N900 so it's kind of weird if they'll pull the plug now.
Or maybe not. Remember - developing costs time and money. If Adobe doesn't see a viable reason to develop 10.1 for Maemo 5 (mainly because there a very few N900 owners worldwide as opposed to Android/Symbian) then they just won't bother.
________
Teen Gothic

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:26.

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
They have already demonstrated 10.1 working on a N900 so it's kind of weird if they'll pull the plug now.
Or maybe not. Remember - developing costs time and money. If Adobe doesn't see a viable reason to develop 10.1 for Maemo 5 (mainly because there a very few N900 owners worldwide as opposed to Android/Symbian) then they just won't bother.
Suppose you cant really moan about adobe when nokia cant even make there own software support the n900.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
This is a joke, n900 mobile computer?? these basic functions should be working
flash 10 a "basic function"??
i think you are the one joking...

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
When I spoke to Adobe people at MWC last week, they told me that the code for 10.1 is shared with Nokia but Nokia have not given them or anyone a timeline on shipping so the only timelines they can give are for Android and WebOS. I asked about Air for Maemo/N900 and they said Nokia don't seem to be too keen on Adobe Air.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update