I never reflashed my N800 and now I am booting from SD card. How to flash my System on SD card and not the one on internal memory? Flasher-3.0(Linux) has some options like that:
Code:
  --initfs, -n <arg>            Location of initfs image
Is the <arg> parameter my device, like /dev/mmcblk* ?
If so, can I just use /dev/mmcblk0p2 (internal SD card) as target?

EDIT: damn, that's just the image location... have no idea

I thought, this thread would be running crazy with that announcement...where are you, guys?

Last edited by DCr33P; 2007-03-23 at 13:47.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
SDHC support did *NOT* make it - SDHC cards cannot be accessed with this firmware.

Flash video performance is improved, but still isn't full framerate, perhaps now one-third to a half of what it should be (much better than the 1 or 2fps though).

Videos played through the media player look _very_ good, haven't established if any new formats (DivX) are supported though, I'd copied my files on to SDHC cards...

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Milhouse, this might be an obvious question -- but will ask anyway. This update does not preserve previous installs, does it? In other words, is re-installation of installed programs required? Thanks. Thor.

Yes, reinstallation is required. Backup any data you want to keep (there's a backup/restore function for bookmarks etc.). Reflashing with a new image essentially resets your device back to it's factory default.

Looks like there is now also an official camera application for download once you refresh the apps catalog.

alvindd - anwered in this thread where 3.2007.10-7 is being discussed. SDHC support status has already been clarified in this thread.

ffs alvin - that's twice you've deleted your post...