Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Lancashire, UK
I voted too and asked for way of setting alarms for specific days rather than everyday or not at all which it is at the moment (I think anyway - mine's with Nokia for repair)

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
my vote too

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ California, USA
I see this is old. Did it ever get any traction? Seems a good fit and use of the IT, esp. since others are now manufacturing:

http://www.aluratek.com/product_info...54&display=All

Last edited by la3875; 2008-10-06 at 05:47. Reason: added info

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Amsterdam
The bug report has been "resolved as fixed" on maemo.org with a note saying it is planned for Harmattan which I guess is some way in the future. (When is Harmattan due? And it's not even clear it will be compatible with older tablets, is it?)

Shame really as I would still really love this feature and it would give my dusty N800 a new lease of life. But guess we're in a minority.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Fremantle should be due in 2009. Harmattan could be due in late 2009 or 2010.

I had the same idea a few weeks ago. I would have really liked to implement this feature into the current internet radio applet but the sources are not available. I have asked about opening the sources on the developer mailing list, the answer was to file a bug request. I have not done it yet, but I will definitely file a request for opening the sources when I have time.
In the meantime I have implemented a rudimentary alarm home applet in python. It needs some bug fixing (e.g. sometimes internet radio is not starting) and I need to package it but I hope that I can release it in the next few days.

<grumble>
Call me cynical, but handling problems and improvement requests by "resolving" them only to be in some future release is pretty much pointless to me.

On my Debian desktop system I can do apt-get update; apt-get upgrade every day, if I want, and get fixes for reported bugs per-package. Not by going from one release to another. I can decide to hold on to what I have for some packages if I want, and upgrade others.

Now _that's_ how I want bugs and improvements to be handled. What does it help me today to see a problem as 'resolved' in bugzilla if it's only to be released in fremantle, a release which doesn't even exist at this point? A release that will probably not even run on my hardware.

As I said, call me cynical. But the way it's now isn't very interesting. 3party developers, though, they are doing things the Right Way: maemo mapper, omweather, vagalume.. they are all upgraded, for existing platforms, as bugs are fixed and features are added.
</grumble>
Now back to fixing problems reported by my own customers.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
I leave canola running on the tablet minimized with a song on pause, then when my tablet starts to play the alarm to wake up, canola begins playing that song... wondering if it would work with an internet stream ??

Originally Posted by rkopper View Post
I leave canola running on the tablet minimized with a song on pause, then when my tablet starts to play the alarm to wake up, canola begins playing that song... wondering if it would work with an internet stream ??
I guess thats a _feature_?
Since Canola uses the mediaplayer to play tracks, this might work with media-player itself on pause as well. Well worth a try.

What I find annoying is that the alarm only plays about 60 seconds of a given mp3, and only repeats the alarm 5 or 6 times.

I'd like the alarm to start playing a playlist, or an internet stream and NOT STOP AT ALL. (ok, it may stop when the battery runs out - duh )

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
fizze, isnt the point of an alarm to wake you up NOW?