Active Topics

Poll: Which is your browser of choise?
Poll Options
Which is your browser of choise?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I've gotten so use to Chrome that it feels funny not having a full screen and tabs on every window and customizable etc... Luv Chrome I wish its would work on ubuntu for me

I love how nobody chose IE

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
Of course, for my daily laptop/pc use, I prefer Firefox, but I also use Opera because its web standards support and widgets platform are great. On the other side, for my mobile phones/devices, I prefer OperaMini or Opera Mobile over any browser I've tested, specially those based in Mozilla/Gecko runtime (microb or fennec). Webkit based browsers are quite good, and Android browser is quite good (despite it is not perfect).

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

is there a way to port Opera 10 to my future N900? or do I have to wait and see if we get some Opera Mobile love eventually?

I use Firefox (in the IceCat derivative), because the addons are just too useful for me to give up. But it's hard to not be attracted by the speed of Chromium. For those who doubt the speed of Chromium, look at this article: http://www.betanews.com/article/Goog...acy/1257011509 In their tests of javascript performance it just blows everything out of the water, including Firefox 3.6 and 3.7 (Chromium is twice as fast). My subjective experience is also that Firefox doesn't come close to Chromium for speed.

For those who are concerned about the privacy issues with Google, do you know about Iron? http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php It's Chromium with the privacy and security problematic features stripped out.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by matikjn View Post
I use Firefox with vimperator, but if it wasn't for vimperator I would probably use Chrome since it seemed snappier when I tried it.
All hail the vimperator!!...

FF has add-ons (e.g. Tree Style Tabs) that put tabs into a tree control. I live on FF at work & I frequently have dozens of tabs open at once & this is indispensable to me.

Also, I love FF's ability to right-click on a search box on a web page, create a keyword for that search, and later type "<keyword> <searchstring>" in the address bar. Very cool. Admittedly Chrome has a similar feature.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Google Chrome here, somehow i felt it loads and runs faster than firefox. Like its incognito window as well.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
The title says it all.
actually, you left out whether you were talking about desktop browsers or mobile browsers, but I see from your pole that you mean desktop browsers.

My favorite is Swiftweasel on 64bit Linux.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Obviously Opera