Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Interesting. Curious to know what is the technology they are using in this Maemo port (and in th rest of versions).

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Why not get in touch with them? They seem to be quite geeky
They might even like you

Sygic announces the compatibility of its Mobile Maps turn-by-turn navigation application with the new Nokia Maemo mobile phones. The application will get ready for sale from Sygic web site e-shop by the end of 2009.
And it THAT easy to create a gps app. because they say "end of 2009". so wheres Tomtom, a decent Ovi Maps, Garmin... i mean am gonna pay for it!!! JUST WANT TO SPEND SOME CASHHH!

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xn0wh3r3x View Post
[indent][indent][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
And it THAT easy to create a gps app. because they say "end of 2009". so wheres Tomtom, a decent Ovi Maps, Garmin... i mean am gonna pay for it!!! JUST WANT TO SPEND SOME CASHHH!
I suggest we all ask those companies whether they will support Maemo.
Does anybody know their email adresses or phone numbers for such inquiries?

TomTom is based on Linux, so it should not be difficult to port it.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Greece
Sygic Drive for Symbian is amazing application with very good maps. If the maemo port is as good as that and cheap, it will surelly be the first application for maemo I will buy.

Huzzah!!!!
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Well, we shall see if this app uses all that Fremantle has to offer or is just a "pound to fit and paint to match" port.

I rarely use turn by turn as 98% of my driving is over the same ol' routes. Real time traffic input and re-routing capabilities is what I do need.

It is good to see commercial software becoming available.

Thanks for the heads up Titan

Nothing can beat Google LIVE traffic update, satellite image layer, street layer, and STREET NAMES announcement.....EVEN TOM TOM don't have street name announce?? That's not good.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Nothing can beat Google LIVE traffic update, satellite image layer, street layer, and STREET NAMES announcement.....EVEN TOM TOM don't have street name announce?? That's not good.
We get it - you like Google Navigation Software. I doubt they'll be in a hurry to produce a maemo version.

The Following User Says Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
We have Google live traffic layer now in Maemo Mapper. I use it everyday with my 810 and before that an N800 with a Holux BT GPS.

Nothing beats an app that dynamically re-routes if the live traffic information warrants it.

...But most of all, nothing beats an OS that allows you to build an app yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn