Notices

Great update. Thank you !
Gonna test the new functions tmr, 5 am already x.x

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Thanks.

I have uploaded AutoDisconnect 0.4.5 in Extra-Testing. So please test it, report any bug or vote to promote it in Extra. [ Link ]

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
I cannot find a bug so I have voted for it, great work

One question:

When I start a connection and AutoDisconnect is running does it count down as soon as there is no more traffic and disconnect the connection after the given options or does it start to countdown when all options are equal true?
For example if I configure AutoDisconnect to disconnect only when the device is not charging, is locked and if there was no activity for the last 3 minutes. The last active connection was made 5 minutes ago but the device is still charging/unlocked. Does it disconnect as soon as it starts to discharge and is locked or does it start to count down as soon as all conditions are met? If you really want to save every last possible bit of energy it should count down in advance and disconnect as soon as all other conditions apply.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Really nice progress in the latest version.

You shoult turn this into the ultimate Connection Manager Tool and add the feature that disables the WiFi chip a la programs like Wifi Switcher.

Then increase usability by giving the user templates to chose from, such as "Best battery life", "Always connected to everything", where the templates have different things enabled or disabled. It would also be possible to go with "Custom".

A completely new feature could be to allow bhaving the GPS component on at all times, making navigation and location-based services a lot zippier.

I see a lot of promise in this app!

Last edited by cjp; 2010-06-13 at 12:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Thanks.

I have uploaded AutoDisconnect 0.4.5 in Extra-Testing. So please test it, report any bug or vote to promote it in Extra. [ Link ]
Great app. I think there's a little bug. When I disable the setting of autoswitching 2g/3g it keeps on swtching my connections. I rebooted and also uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but it keeps on switching. If you could check that out that would be good. By the way what those settings mean e.g. 3g last switch 3"?

The Following User Says Thank You to dagee04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post
By the way what those settings mean e.g. 3g last switch 3"?
I second this, this sounds very strange to me. Does " 3" " mean 3 minutes or something?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
I cannot find a bug so I have voted for it, great work

One question:

When I start a connection and AutoDisconnect is running does it count down as soon as there is no more traffic and disconnect the connection after the given options or does it start to countdown when all options are equal true?
For example if I configure AutoDisconnect to disconnect only when the device is not charging, is locked and if there was no activity for the last 3 minutes. The last active connection was made 5 minutes ago but the device is still charging/unlocked. Does it disconnect as soon as it starts to discharge and is locked or does it start to count down as soon as all conditions are met? If you really want to save every last possible bit of energy it should count down in advance and disconnect as soon as all other conditions apply.
It's actually a mix between the 2 cases. It begins to count when you connect and check after that at a regular interval (every 3 minutes in your case). If during this check you are locked and not charging, it will disconnect your device.

So it starts to count before the conditions are met but won't disconnect as soon as all conditions apply. It will happen at the next check.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Great app. I think there's a little bug. When I disable the setting of autoswitching 2g/3g it keeps on swtching my connections. I rebooted and also uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but it keeps on switching. If you could check that out that would be good.
You've found a bug! Thank you

By the way what those settings mean e.g. 3g last switch 3"?
As explained in the WIKI, it's the duration of the switch. On my phone, switching from 2G to 3G requires 3 seconds, but I know sometimes/in some area it requires more time, so I choose to add this option. Switching from 3G to Dual Mode requires more time, because the device analyses the quality of the 3G Network before deciding which network mode to choose.

Last edited by calvin_42; 2010-06-13 at 19:56.

The 2G/Dual-changing is not really working for me. It just takes too long to switch between the 2 modes.

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-06-13 at 20:13.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
The 2G/Dual-changing is not really working for me. It just takes to long to switch between the 2 modes.
Even if you set an higher value for the duration switch, like 8 seconds?