Active Topics

Closed Thread
It would be great if the N900 came with call recording function built-in. Users would only need to click on the "Record" button to record the on going call. It should automatically stop the recording when the user end the call. It should also record in mp3 or aac format for clear recording.

Users then can replay the recording from the gallery application. I think it is an important feature for users for example: Your wife called you to buy the groceries. With this recording function you can simply click on the record button to record the conversation then play back the conversation to listen to the item needed by your wife.

Brainstorm: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...all_recording/

Last edited by qgil; 2010-01-26 at 04:33.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to xyberx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It will not be in the release software version, but I suspect there will be a 3rd party application developed by maemo.org at some point.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please follow the instructions at How to use Brainstorm and create a new proposal at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
Isn't this actually illegal in some countries, unless a message clearly states 'this call is being recorded'? I have the feeling that this is the case here in the UK. Even so, I would really like to have this abilty as well, without the warning message.

Last edited by Jason404; 2009-10-22 at 04:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jason404 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Jason404 View Post
Isn't this actually illegal in some countries, unless a message clearly states 'this call is being recorded'? I have the feeling that this is the case here in the UK. Even so, I would really like to have this abilty as well, without the warning message.
I am not sure but I think as long as one part knows it is being recorded it is ok. I'd like this feature too.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
same goes for me... usually i need to call my parents that are living currently in another country so i use skype for that and recording the skype voice would be cool as well...

dunno how much more work would it be since everything should use the same mic correct?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
contact mobisophy...they make an AWESOME product for call handling on the s60v3/5

i have already sent them a message asking about creating the product for maemo.

i have to say, it will be probably the most missed product that i use!

here is the contact link.

http://mobisophy.com/company/contactus.html

oh, and it is worth every cent i paid for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
i wouldn't be surprised if this weren't doable from the command line itself. no i wont help.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
What happened to the Maemo Recorder? is there a maemo 5 version?

I am really sorry I didn't post this in the correct way because I am used to posting like this. I don't mean to make anyone angry. Sorry.

Closed Thread