Active Topics

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Wrocław / Poland
Is there a limit on the N900 to your messages? How many text messages, IMs, can you keep in memory? Some phones ave limit like 200 SMS + somthing on SIM card.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
I don't expect any numerical limits on SMS storage, possibly limited with storage space (in bytes)
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
SMS data is stored in an sqlite database along with all the other IM data, so I don't think there is any real limit.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Prague
approx. 32*1024*1024*1024/160 > 200 000 000

plus microSD i guess

it will be same as previous devices

well E71 has a limit on msgs, so its a valid question! It's a numerical limit too on msgs, which sucks.

edit: IIRC, I think I overgeneralized in my last statement, E71 limits SENT msgs. Will N900? I like to read my past msgs sometimes to refer back to things. It's hard to remember the full conversation when half of the messages (aka the messages I sent), are all missing lol.

If the communications pack isn't well-kept closed source, i'm sure someone will hack it, even if turns out it is limited

Originally Posted by archzai View Post
well E71 has a limit on msgs, so its a valid question! It's a numerical limit too on msgs, which sucks.

edit: IIRC, I think I overgeneralized in my last statement, E71 limits SENT msgs. Will N900? I like to read my past msgs sometimes to refer back to things. It's hard to remember the full conversation when half of the messages (aka the messages I sent), are all missing lol.
The size of the internal memory is the limit. The N900 is different from previous devices, everything is stored on the memory card. So in practise the message count in and out is unlimited.

And if you refer to your past messages, you'll probably like the way the messages are presented as a conversation between people.

The Following User Says Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Where iss the SQ Lite Database stored?

When in the 256MB Application Memory then the Limits is very fast reached...

Tags
limits, memory, sms